Your Disney Associations

mcurtiss

Original Poster
Certain things (sounds, smells, tastes, etc) remind me of visiting WDW. Some are logical, some perhaps not :p

- smell of popcorn (Main Street. nuff said)

- I bought a travel size of a cologne (Love & Luck) last year for our trip and wore it every day. To me, it is now my Disney scent.

- The Candy Crush game music (my daughter and I bought and played this game while lounging in the resort room and for whatever reason, it brings me back a bit...plus I think the music sounds a little like the Main Street loop)

- Wreck-It Ralph (we rented the movie in our off-site hotel after we left the World for my wife's conference).

What things bring you back to the World?

mcurtiss

Original Poster
Going outside early in the morning when the grass is still dewy and taking a deep breath. For some reason, it always brings me to back to a morning I did the same thing at Caribbean Beach.

is there a CBR steel drum loop somewhere? that would be fun as well.

BransonJ

Going outside early in the morning when the grass is still dewy and taking a deep breath. For some reason, it always brings me to back to a morning I did the same thing at Caribbean Beach.

I do the same thing. Whenever it's humid, dewy, fresh cut grass, a slight overcast and birds chirping it for some reason feels like I'm waking up in disney. What I wouldn't give to be there instead.

PolynesianPrincess

My sister, mother and I on some late spring mornings here in Maine will sometimes say "It smells like Florida out!" We always know what it means, what smell they're talking about. I love mornings like those!

Also before the WDWMagic girls cruise last year I bought a brand new perfume. The first time I ever wore it was on that trip so now whenever I smell it, I feel like I should be back on the Dream :)

NiarrNDisney

Things I always associate with the World are:

H20+ Disney products! So much so that I have tried, searched many products and brands to find the smell of the body wash just so I could have it every day luckily the company sells the Disney products online now. However I have found a close match in Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze.

There are so many flavors that bring me back to the World but I have found the Mickey Coconut patties, Dole Whips Floats and Grand Marnier Slushes are one of a kind.Yes Mounds Candy bars are okay but theres is just nothing like the two others.

HouCuseChickie

There's a bleach based cleaner I use for parts of the kitchen and bathrooms. When it's diluted, it smells like a Disney boat ride. We also have Menchie's, which sells Dole Whips (although, I've also bought the mix on ebay and made them at home). Beyond that- I have a playlist mix on my ipod with Disney songs and park music. Whenever I hear the Welcome Medley, I immediately think of our 2011 trip where I used the music to reveal the surprise to our kids- just as the Maingate came into view.

Crazy Harry

I once saw a hidden mickey in the urinal cakes in a restroom at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Beyond that, I look for houses that remind me of a/the Haunted Mansion. There is even a statue at the end of a driveway at a Catholic Seminary that looks like a ghost from the haunted mansion when it is lit up.

And then there are the produce sprayers at the super market that remind me of Living with the Land when they activate the thunder sound effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom