Your Daily Wake Up and Bedtime at WDW

Main Street USA

I'm curious as to how most of you spend your mornings and nights at WDW. For example, Do you get an early morning wake up call and make sure to have time for breakfast before the parks open? Do you stay out as late as the parks are open every night? Do you just play it by ear and decide to sleep in, stay out, get back to the hotel, etc?

I'd say we definitely play it by ear. I'd love to have the energy to feel well with only 5 hours of sleep per night and get to the parks before they open, and stay until they close, but I just get exhausted. Too much walking and excitment crammed into one day, I guess.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I usually get up at 8am and leave the house by 9:30 (I like to take it easy while getting ready so I'll usually watch television or something)....stop for breakfast at a fast-food joint like McDonald's or Burger King on the way and then get to the parks at around 10:30 - 11:00. I never stay in one park for an entire day (unless it's NYE :brick: :lol: ) so I'm always heading from park to park. I rarely go to MK during the day anymore (because the wait times are always shorter at night while everyone is leaving or getting a spot for SpectroMagic/Wishes) so I usually get there at around 5:30 - 6:00 and stay until closing. If it closes early or is too crowded I head to DTD later in the evening to catch a movie at the AMC Pleasure Island 24 and dinner at Earl of Sandwich or another restaurant. I'm usually home by midnight and get to bed by 1:30 - 2:00 and repeat the process all over again (with some differences of course :lol: ) the next day at Universal Orlando.

Upvote 0

robynchic

My times vary day to day. If it's somewhere I'm excited to go, I'll usually get up about 2 hours before I plan to be in the park, to give me time to shower, eat, and travel. I usually don't try to make it to the parks for opening, though I may try to do that at DAK when SO comes down!

Upvote 0

jim1051

time

I have body clock that wakes me before 7, continental breakfast in room, then off to a park. We usually enjy lunch at park(sometimes late lunch 1-2 PM) then back to our resort for swim/nap/relaxing. Then we return to one of the parks often including a nice dinner. Some nights we go to dinner at one of the resorts. If time allows we will catch one of the fireworks before return to resort. As we often stay at Beach club Villas, it's easy to catch EPCOT's show at 9.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Main Street USA said:
Wow, walk 2-3 miles in the morning before you even hit the parks? I had a pedometer last year, and I walked about 11 - 12 miles a day IN the parks! You gotta be crazy to tack on 2-3 more for fun! I bet the scenery is nice, though, and I bet it's peceful as well at that time of day.
Most of the time we stay at either SSR or OKW. I typically walk the the path between them and also walk all the way around DTD. You get to meet a lot of nice people out in the morning. It is really surprising how many others do the same thing.

Upvote 0

David

We always take advantage of Early Entry, so I get up first, shower, get ready and to to the Food Court to get a bite to eat in the room while DW and DS get ready. Then it's off to catch a bus for the park opening. We stay all day (naps/swim I can do at home) and do not leave until the parks close. Sure, by weeks end we're tired, but it's a good Disney tired and I'll take that over work tired any week.

Upvote 0

redsfan4life

hey TAC glad to see there other people like me at the world . Now hopefully i can get my soon to be wife to do that when we go on our honeymoon she is not to keen on the in bed at 2 up at 6 i keep telling her about.

Upvote 0

WDWCP

I used to be an Up at the crack of dawn to watch the rope drop even on an early morning EMH day. Then I'd always stay at the parks all day until I'm one of the last to leave, even on EMH nights. Then wake up and do it all over again.

I could keep that up for about 7 days and them get pretty sick on my way home because of the lack of rest. Then I'd be sick for a few days at work when I return, but I loved it and always thoguht it was worth it.

Now... I got married and my wife doesn't like it that way, so we try to do some compromising. I still push for early and she still pushes for later, but we never get in any big arguments or anything...

We're going in June for 13 nights and don't plan to do anything off Disney property, so we'll have a much slower pace trip and will have a few days for sleeping in and relaxing by the pool...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom