Your Cell Phone / iPad Photos STINK!

NowInc

I always rant about this...so much so this past weekend at WDW that I came really close to confronting a few people who were using their tablets on the AK safari to take photos (and essentially blocking everybody elses views). My solace? knowing that all their pictures wont come out :)

CP_alum08

All I heard was "paradox, paradox, paradox...". His argument was "all cellphone photos are terrible, but wait, use this cell phone and they will be amazing." What an awful video.

This argument in general just drives me nuts. I would rather have a less than perfect photo of something than no photo at all. You can cram all the megapixles in a phone you want (why stop at 41 lets do 100) and you can still get better photos from a $50 p&s. But the fact remains that people carry their phones almost 24/7 now, meaning that if I find myself in a situation without my DLSR there is a pretty good chance I will still have my phone and can still capture the photo...regardless of quality.

Going to WDW with just a phone or ipad, stupid. Sure. But just for everyday use I don't see what the harm is.

ddbowdoin

I enjoy a game of "iPad camera bingo" ... Spot 5 in a day and I buy a treat (mickeys premium bar). As an IG user I enjoy the social aspect but in no way would I ever defend the crap that comes out of my iPhone 4. Crap

RScottyL

Actually, my biggest pet peeve is when people are taking pictures or video with a cell phone, and they are shooting vertically instead of horizontally!

I unfortunately see this happen more with iPhone users than Android users!

NowInc

Everyone should invest in an eyefi card if they want to post on IG

Built in WiFi is becoming more and more common on DSLR bodies now, thus eliminating the EyeFi. However, with how cheap those cards are, I completely agree that its worth the investment if your current body doesn't have the function built in.

Allen C

Tabletography.
Documenting the growing (and disturbing) trend of capturing images and videos with tablets - one iPad at a time.

2013 Disney's Hollywood Studios
DSC_5975-XL.jpg

2013 Chicago Star Trek Convention
DSC_0527-XL.jpg

2013 Amboise, France
DSC_3339-XL.jpg

2014 Glacier Bay, Alaska
DSC_6842-XL.jpg

2014 Bristol Renaissance Faire
DSC_1048-XL.jpg

Grumpy-Fan

The other morning I was out on the beach taking some sunrise pictures and I saw a man taking pictures with what looked to be a decent DSLR with a very nice lens. He took a few shots with the camera and then took out an I pad and started shooting. He spent more time shooting with the I pad than that nice camera. Probably shooting video, who knows.

NowInc

Tabletography.
Documenting the growing (and disturbing) trend of capturing images and videos with tablets - one iPad at a time.

No joke, I always sneak pictures of people using tablets as cameras. I am organizing them to start a blog to showcase them all. I have amassed over 100 just from the last 2 years of WDW trips alone.

RScottyL

I just looked at the specs of the iPad, and it looks like they only have a 5MP camera in them:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

The iPhones are 8MP cameras:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

If you are going to someplace like this, where most people are only able to go once or twice, WHY would you take pictures with a 5MP camera, when you can readily get a camera with about 16MP, if not more for the same price!

If it were me, I would want the HIGHEST megapixel camera I could afford, so I could get the highest quality shots!

Now if it is just everyday shots, MAYBE it would be okay!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just looked at the specs of the iPad, and it looks like they only have a 5MP camera in them:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

The iPhones are 8MP cameras:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

If you are going to someplace like this, where most people are only able to go once or twice, WHY would you take pictures with a 5MP camera, when you can readily get a camera with about 16MP, if not more for the same price!

If it were me, I would want the HIGHEST megapixel camera I could afford, so I could get the highest quality shots!

Now if it is just everyday shots, MAYBE it would be okay!
For a lot of people, they want it on the device that is connected to the internet, that allows them to upload to social media within seconds of taking, and one that they are going to view the photos back on later. Saves the whole download from the camera procedure. They don't care on the res, as long a it looks OK on their iPad or on social media.

I can see it from their point of view - even though I don't think its a great plan.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
For a lot of people, they want it on the device that is connected to the internet, that allows them to upload to social media within seconds of taking, and one that they are going to view the photos back on later. Saves the whole download from the camera procedure. They don't care on the res, as long a it looks OK on their iPad or on social media.

I can see it from their point of view - even though I don't think its a great plan.
Many cameras, even lower end point and shoots, have this feature now as well (the ability to connect to wifi and upload to photo sharing sites or cloud storage).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Many cameras, even lower end point and shoots, have this feature now as well (the ability to connect to wifi and upload to photo sharing sites or cloud storage).
Yeah but it's not as easy, quick or familiar.

I'm yet to see a camera that has Internet connectivity that is as full featured or easy to use as an iPad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom