Your 18 Now!!! Pay Me An Additional $202.72

Magical Dreamer

I just went to book our 2013 dates and found the cost to be WAY OVER this years.

Found that a cost increase of $202.72 came from moving my daughter from a 17 year old child to an adult....

Really!!:eek:

DrummerAlly

I'm sure I'll get hated on for saying this... but for $203, I'd explain to my child that we had her birth year wrong all this time. I don't put this in the same category as people saying their 5 year old is 3, using 10 year old mugs, or pool hopping but perhaps thats just my personal judgement.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I'll get hated on for saying this... but for $203, I'd explain to my child that we had her birth year wrong all this time. I don't put this in the same category as people saying their 5 year old is 3, using 10 year old mugs, or pool hopping but perhaps thats just my personal judgement.
That won't work, because Disney already has their ages in their computer system. And I would put it in exactly the same catagory as someone saying their 5 yr old is 3 and using 10 year old mugs. Cheating Disney is cheating Disney.

Upvote 0

draybook

That won't work, because Disney already has their ages in their computer system. And I would put it in exactly the same catagory as someone saying their 5 yr old is 3 and using 10 year old mugs. Cheating Disney is cheating Disney.

I've always wondered if they keep your age information when you make a reservation/package. I wouldn't think so, as there are many people with the same name and people don't keep or use the same address with every booking.

Upvote 0

BalooChicago

I don't remember, if you are a guest, do they require an ID? It's not unlikely that a 16yo or 17yo would not have a Drivers License yet - I had friends whose parents would not let them get them until they turned 18. When I was 12 (and these same friends were 13) I remember we went to a movie and my friends paid the child rate, but the ticket office wouldn't believe me that I was under 13. They asked for ID and I was like, what do you want, my drivers license?

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

OK, I'll play devils advocate here...

At what point would you expect to start paying adult rates? I am sure there is no age where you would say "hey that's fair". We all have to swallow the complexities of life and this is one of them. Instead of saying that you are upset that the change effected you I would look at it as "Gee, she has been an adult to me for some time so I guess I am lucky it lasted this long.". We have a DD age 9 and I know at some point this will happen to us as well. Unless I missed it you did not say how long your stay was but at minimum most people stay for 5-days so taking that into account the cost only increased by $40/day. DIsney vacations are not cheap, anyone going into vacation planning thinking otherwise is going to be very disappointed.

All that having been said if you are still upset then you can gamble and cancel/re-book with a 17 year old rate. I would not just on the chance of embarrassment in getting caught...but that is just me.

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

I absolutely see what you are saying here. The only reason I see it as a difference is because there are still only 3(?) people in the room and because they are one family consisting of two parents and their child... despite the fact that the child is technically an adult. I didn't even think about the fact that the family might already be in the computer system.

My child is still 7 weeks away from being born. Maybe in 18 years I'd be happy to pay the surcharge to proclaim that she's an adult.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I just went to book our 2013 dates and found the cost to be WAY OVER this years.

Found that a cost increase of $202.72 came from moving imy daughter from a 17 year old child to an adult....

Really!!:eek:
A 200 dollar price increase in a year at Disney really doesn't phase me too much...a proverbial drop in a bucket in the overall price of a Disney trip. I know the economy is tight for people but I wouldn't risk having a problem over 200 dollars

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

When my daughter turned 18 it went up even more because DW and I want separate rooms to have some privacy. And this way she can bring a friend. This past trip we brought her college roommate along for her first trip to WDW.

Upvote 0

GoalieGirl16

We are worried about the opposite side of that problem. My nephew will be about two and a half by the time the great wedding trip happens. The problem is he is a super tall kid and already taller at a year and half than most kids a year older. I told my brother to bring his birth certificate just in case no one believes he will be under 3. We really need the little guy not to count as an actual person for the purposes of the Disney wedding folks. Not to mention the savings foR my brother and sister in law.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I absolutely see what you are saying here. The only reason I see it as a difference is because there are still only 3(?) people in the room and because they are one family consisting of two parents and their child... despite the fact that the child is technically an adult. I didn't even think about the fact that the family might already be in the computer system.

My child is still 7 weeks away from being born. Maybe in 18 years I'd be happy to pay the surcharge to proclaim that she's an adult.
Congratulations on you new bundle of joy!:)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

We are worried about the opposite side of that problem. My nephew will be about two and a half by the time the great wedding trip happens. The problem is he is a super tall kid and already taller at a year and half than most kids a year older. I told my brother to bring his birth certificate just in case no one believes he will be under 3. We really need the little guy not to count as an actual person for the purposes of the Disney wedding folks. Not to mention the savings foR my brother and sister in law.
Shouldn't be a problem. They usually don't question it unless it's blatantly obvious.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom