Trip Report "You stop it, you bad boy Captain Hook!" **COMPLETED **

Aloha! Welcome to my first trip report!

We just returned from a 6-night stay in The World from May27-June 3rd. This was not our first trip but we tried a lot of new things! Including visiting during a holiday weekend in summer and staying at our first deluxe resort by renting DVC points.

Let's start by introducing the crew (be warned, there will be a lot of pirate talk if you couldn't tell by the title!):
IMG_3605.JPG

Poohbear-Keegan(3) we were celebrating his birthday this trip, Pluto-Ty(almost 7), Chip-Matthew(5), Minnie-Me(gan), and Mickey-DH. Thanks to Etsy for our matching shirts that DH just loves to wear;)

We ended up driving as we've done it in the past and our boys do pretty well in the car. Last trip the last 3 hours were the worst with traffic and construction. So, we decided to break it up this trip and arrived in Gainesville about 7:30pm. This way we didn't waste a night at a Disney resort by arriving after bed time. We decided to visit the Swamp while we were in town.

IMG_4045.JPG

Boys needed time to run around after 15 hours in the car and being huge college FB fans we wanted to check out their stadium. I was not overly impressed with their facilities. I will add that growing up in Nebraska in the 90's made me hate any program that came from the state of Florida so that may have had something to do with my reaction:rolleyes:

IMG_4046.JPG

Next morning we decided to drive 30 min to the next stop in Ocala for breakfast at one of our favorites, First Watch:p

On this last stretch we notice that Ty's nagging cough that he had for a week was getting a lot worse and then Matthew started complaining that his ear was hurting:facepalm: I will say we debated taking Ty to the Dr before we left but anyone with kids knows unless they have had it for 10+ days and a fever they are not going to prescribe anything. Don't want them getting immune to antibiotics and all...but we had been down this road before. Last year during Spring Break at Disney Matthew developed an ear infection on night 2 of our vacation at 2am. Screaming 4 year old in the middle of the night can put a damper on things! DH had to take him to Florida centra care the next morning.

I bet you know where I'm going with this...we decided to make a detour to Centra Care and good thing we did as they were closed the next day for Memorial Day along with the pharmacy. Note:the centra care website makes it so easy to book an appt online and we were in and out in about an hour.

Bronchitis, ear infection and two antibiotics later and we were finally ready to head to our resort!!!

IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Where are we going???
IMG_3472.JPG

We arrived around 1pm our goal was 11am but we will find out that our delay was for the best. The valet guys were awesome...even refrigerated the antibiotics for us.
IMG_3473.JPG

Check-in was smooth except for this guy on his EVC decided he didn't need to wait in the line like the rest of us and almost ran me over cutting in line:mad: When I told him I was in line he just kept moving. This will be a big pet peeve of mine this trip, the total disregard for other people and the mindset that their time is more valuable. I will even get into it with a 10 year old later on...:oops:

Anyway, nicest gal at check-in. I request a building closest to the main house but also checked the box for first available room. We had an early ADR and wanted time to settle the room and get ready. She said they were cleaning it now and should receive our text anytime! In the meantime we had promised some pool time and a dole whip or 2. Dole whip floats are a great use of a snack credit!!
IMG_3475.JPG

6 going on 16!!

IMG_3477.JPG

My little pirate:)

Next:Getting into our room...maybe!

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
Hello to a fellow engineer
I have worked in automotive for over 26 years so I get the striving to be efficient and the over analysis of all inputs to get the best output.
Sometimes it is hard but you have to give your brain a vacation as well.

Max
Ahh so you get it!! We have a GM plant on the South side of town that employs a great number in our community.

I'm currently taking a break to stay home with our boys until Keegan is in school full time. So, Disney planning was like an outlet for me;)

PrincessL

Original Poster
I feel so bad... I smiled the whole time while reading about your first night. It's like watching someone trip and fall. It's not funny but you can't help but want to laugh. I hope the rest of the night were more peaceful. :)
No, you really can't help but laugh! Ty hadn't missed a day of school ALL year so of course it would be on our way down to Disney:hilarious::cautious::arghh:

Roknrollrghostr

Following along and loving your report so far! DH & I were staying at the Poly the same time as you. It was our first time staying there and we fell so in love with it! My favorite resort has been AKL but this is definitely giving it a run for its money. Your kids are so cute! Can't wait to see more.:)

amjt660

Premium Member
Love the pics of the meet with Mickey
I agree the setup is not as good as having the curtain

I really like your family pic
Getting 6 people are looking and smiling is impressive
Although Mickey's smile is pretty permanent ;)

Max

PrincessL

Original Poster
Following along and loving your report so far! DH & I were staying at the Poly the same time as you. It was our first time staying there and we fell so in love with it! My favorite resort has been AKL but this is definitely giving it a run for its money. Your kids are so cute! Can't wait to see more.:)
What building were you guys in? Wonder if our paths crossed?!?

Thanks for the compliment...they were probably the loud kids you saw running down the halls though! No matter how many times we told them to be quiet
and not to run down the hallway;)

Roknrollrghostr

What building were you guys in? Wonder if our paths crossed?!?

Thanks for the compliment...they were probably the loud kids you saw running down the halls though! No matter how many times we told them to be quiet
and not to run down the hallway;)

We were in Pago Pago. When we were given the map at check-in I was apprehensive because it seemed so far away, but it really wasn't. Besides I enjoyed just wandering around the resort anyway! Your kids definitely didn't disturb us, the only noise complaint we had was that for some reason they were doing gardening maintenance with a loud truck and equipment at around 5am right outside our ground level room. But it was still amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

PrincessL

Original Poster
At this point it was HOT! Time for lunch in the A/C!! We checked in at Crystal Palace and waited about 15min (outside) for our table. Not too bad, as I read in reviews that they often get behind.

I was very pleased when they brought us to our table and this was our view:
IMG_3542.JPG

This is a beautiful restaurant and feel it doesn't get as much love as it should.

We were also the first table in the rotation for our section...score!

Before we filled our plates at the buffet Eyore stopped by. He's one of my personal favorites and he stayed true to character:hilarious: Look at that face.
IMG_3525.JPG

Pooh Did a little fake out there we though he was next...but no. It was Tigger!!!
IMG_3531.JPG
IMG_3534.JPG

Then we got some food. Out of all the buffet/family style meals this was my second favorite. Only because 'OHana is in a league of its own. I was surprised by how much I liked it. Boys stuck with mac n'cheese and chicken nuggets.
IMG_3524.JPG

Our waiter high recommend the jumbalya and cornbread. The corn bread was the winner there. The jumbalya wasn't quite spicy enough...and I'm not a spicy person! The miso glazed salmon was the star for me.

Here's where my food pictures end but trust me save room for desserts. The warm chocolate toffee cake with soft serve ice cream was delish:p As were the s'mores bites which the boys devoured. Sorry wish I had a picture of those the presentation was impressive:facepalm:

Then a potty break and a little shenanigans by the topiaries.
IMG_3544.JPG

Then Piglets turn:
IMG_3555.JPG
IMG_3567.JPG

Piglet brought an interesting conversation to the table...Keegan doesn't quite have his pronouns down so everyone is "he" or "him" or "guys." House full of boys what do you expect :rolleyes:

DH quickly corrected Keegan when he referred to Piglet as "him."

I was like "wait, wait, wait a minute...Piglet is a boy."

DH- "I'm pretty sure it's a girl."

Me-"Just because he's pink?!? I'm sure Kanga is the only girl."

A quick google search later confirmed I was right of course:D Poor DH has been going his whole life thinking piglet was a girl!

Anyway next was the one we'd been waiting for...

PrincessL

Original Poster
IMG_4086.JPG
Meet "baby," who Keegan has slept with since he was 10months old. To say Keegan was excited to meet this next guy would be an understatement.
IMG_3568.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3581.JPG
The Character meals are so worth it to us because Matthew is so into getting everyone's autograph and to see all these characters at once in the A/C while eating a meal checks of so many boxes at once!

We had done a lot this morning for Keegan being his first trip and Birthday... had one more surprise for him in the evening.

First, it was time for something the older two enjoyed. We headed over to Frontier Land to take a log ride. I had the FP with boys so I would go first and DH and Keegan had a FP for Aladdin. Then thanks to ridder switch boys would ride again with DH while I took Keegan back for nap.
IMG_4070.JPG

The two teenagers in front kept saying "Grandma here it comes" at random moments to razz their Grandma who I'm assuming was the lady in front of Ty!
IMG_4071.JPG
IMG_4072.JPG

Next: The Surprise I was able to keep from the boys for 180days!!

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Love your report. Keegan meeting Pooh is precious. Reminds me of when my oldest niece met the silly old bear for the first time, during her first trip at 16 months old--she, too, had a stuffed "Winnie" who went most places with her. :)

She just finished her freshman year of college--time flies.

Zipadeelady

Such a sweet meeting with Pooh. Brings back memories for me and my son when we had our first trip in 2006 when he was 2.5. I really think that is the perfect age to start bringing your kids to the parks. So magical. :inlove:

PrincessL

Original Poster
Love your report. Keegan meeting Pooh is precious. Reminds me of when my oldest niece met the silly old bear for the first time, during her first trip at 16 months old--she, too, had a stuffed "Winnie" who went most places with her. :)

She just finished her freshman year of college--time flies.
So sweet! Wow, time does fly but you will always have that memory even if she doesn't. Love your profile pic and sn!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Such a sweet meeting with Pooh. Brings back memories for me and my son when we had our first trip in 2006 when he was 2.5. I really think that is the perfect age to start bringing your kids to the parks. So magical. :inlove:
You will always have those. You gave me chills because in 10 years I want to be remembering all of hem just like this!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We were in Pago Pago. When we were given the map at check-in I was apprehensive because it seemed so far away, but it really wasn't. Besides I enjoyed just wandering around the resort anyway! Your kids definitely didn't disturb us, the only noise complaint we had was that for some reason they were doing gardening maintenance with a loud truck and equipment at around 5am right outside our ground level room. But it was still amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Bummer about the unwanted 5 am wake up call! On our nonpark day they started power washing the sliding doors around 7:30am. We were already up but I felt like that was early. I think all of the DVC longhouses are in a great location. We were close to the pool, our car and the TTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom