You don't need to visit WDW for a Mickey Bar.

Missing20K

lol, at least it still says ice cream, have you looked at most of the supposedly "ice cream" in the stores? It's actually frozen dairy dessert...aka. water
Ehh, don't get me started. I may be an ice-cream snob but that's only cause I like my ice cream made with cream/milk, sugar, eggs and flavors. I don't need any carrageenan or mono or diglycerides in my ice cream thanks.
I have a vibe of Dexter's laboratory since the director worked on it..

Yep Mickey's Parade were the best...
98f243a33efd9827268c572eedb0f298.jpg

Then they re-released them for sometime...
06-wd0609-Ice-Cream-Truck-Treats.jpg

I do find it weird that the park also sold a shirt with that version of the mickey bar but, they never did..
7505002529931.jpg

But, nothing compares to the character shape Ice pops...
erb4n7oufu701.jpg
Did anyone ever open a Mickey Parade and it actually looked like Mickey instead of a morphed-eyed, sad, mouse-like creature?

The ice pops were numero uno.

Movielover

I have a vibe of Dexter's laboratory since the director worked on it..

Yep Mickey's Parade were the best...
98f243a33efd9827268c572eedb0f298.jpg

Then they re-released them for sometime...
06-wd0609-Ice-Cream-Truck-Treats.jpg

I do find it weird that the park also sold a shirt with that version of the mickey bar but, they never did..
7505002529931.jpg

But, nothing compares to the character shape Ice pops...
erb4n7oufu701.jpg

Man this thread is so sweet! Really offsets the absolute saltiness of other threads...

Now I'm hungry!

donaldtoo

Am I seriously the only one who loves the new Mickey shorts? :/ Seems that way. I think they’re great, each episode is packed full of historical references.

Obviously, your not the only one. Just not my thing...different strokes, and all...!!! ;)
Just to be clear, I watched “Flushed!” quite a while back out of curiosity, and just couldn’t shake the 20+ yr. old Cartoon Network style, and just couldn’t believe Disney Animation actually went there, interspersed “cute” historical references or not. Again, that abstract, quirky-jerky, over-the-top animation style is 20+ yrs. old.
But, out of fairness, and just to make sure, last night I also watched “New Shoes”, “A Pete Scorned”, “Surprise!”, and “House Painters”.
Those did nothing other than reinforce my original opinion...just one guy’s opinion...there is no right or wrong, as we all have different tastes, but, Disney taking Mickey and the gang there, as iconic as they are, just befuddles me...take Stitch instead, please, as it would have made more sense...!!!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

powderehss

Man... I'll have to look out for these, then!

Sure they're probably not as creamy as the legit parks bars, but eh.
WHATEVAH MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M "HOME"! :inlove:

Texas84

You can go to Kroger's website and check inventory for a store. Unfortunately this is usually not 100% accurate.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Found a box here in MN. Definitely not the same as in the parks. Smaller, milk chocolate, and ice cream is different (as has been mentioned). Of course, I'm only paying about $1 per bar as opposed to $5.75 each in the parks... Still, it's nowhere near the same.

TTA94

Found a box here in MN. Definitely not the same as in the parks. Smaller, milk chocolate, and ice cream is different (as has been mentioned). Of course, I'm only paying about $1 per bar as opposed to $5.75 each in the parks... Still, it's nowhere near the same.

Yeah I found them to. Very disappointing! The Dove Dark Chocolate bars taste more like the park version of the Mickey Bars lol. Obviously not the same company.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It says it at the bottom who distributes it that is alI I was referring to..Why would a same distributor have different ingredients if they are selling the same product?
Because the actual park Mickey Premium Bars are meant for immediate consumption after removing from a freezer. If they sold those in stores, they'd melt before you got home.

yedliW

I got a box at Wegmans in Rochester, NY yesterday, $6.99 for the box.

I was suprized how small they are, but it was good.

NickPytlinski

I've got a box of these here at home. Not bad. Picked them up at a King Soopers (aka, Kroger).

Even if they were exactly the same size and ingredients, it's not the same unless you're eating them while standing in excessive Florida heat and humidity, chipping a tooth on the frozen-solid insides while the chocolate coating breaks off onto your shirt, instantly melting into the fibers to form a conspicuous brown stain you'll wear the rest of the day.

lol
you could go on splash mountain and rub some washing powder in lol

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Am I seriously the only one who loves the new Mickey shorts? :/ Seems that way. I think they’re great, each episode is packed full of historical references.

I don't think it's the plot as much as the animation style that people are upset about. I think it's fine and Mickey has gone through many changes over the past 90 years, this is just another interpretation. It's also ironic to me as, in general, I don't like the art style of a lot of newer cartoon shows compared to the style of 80's cartoons that were more realistic and less abstract.

Ricky Spanish

Hmmmm.
Eating a Mickey ice cream in my kitchen vs. eating a Mickey ice cream in the Magic Kingdom.
I think I would choose the second option.
Much more expensive, but worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom