You are invited to DLR, March 26

RU42

Original Poster
This is really tentative - dates might change.

Kirsten had an awesome idea in another thread; a wdwmagic DLR meet. So, what do you think?

I am tossing out the date of March 26 - a couple weeks away. This should give the local folks some time to plan.

What do you think?

1. Do you like the idea of a meet?
2. How does Friday 3/26 sound?

RU

LadyDarling

I would love to go. I'm only about an hour and a half away and I'm a PAP (premium annual passport holder), so I'm there quite often! However :mad: I'm currently in a play and MIGHT have rehersal that day. I won't know until the 22nd. Weekends are better for me (especially Sundays - and better for the park! Sunday mornings/evenings are the least crowded of all weekend days!).
Food for thought.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by LadyDarling
I would love to go. I'm only about an hour and a half away and I'm a PAP (premium annual passport holder), so I'm there quite often! However :mad: I'm currently in a play and MIGHT have rehersal that day. I won't know until the 22nd. Weekends are better for me (especially Sundays - and better for the park! Sunday mornings/evenings are the least crowded of all weekend days!).
Food for thought.

Yup, I'm in the same boat with my work schedule - I won't know for sure until Wenesday. :)

-Kirsten

RU42

Original Poster
Well, I might have a good time by myself ;) - even tho it would be much better with a group.

But we will try different days. Friday's are one of my off days so I am there quite often on Friday's. Next time we can try a Sunday.

Maybe April 18? (I am away on the 4th and 11th) I choose the 18th so we can celebrate IJA adventure which should be operational by them.

Maybe we can do another one in May for a ToT event?

Just out of curiosity - how often should we do meets. I was thinking we can do small ones through out the year, every 4-6 weeks or something. Maybe a new ride, new show, or such as the 'reason' to go. We don't 'have' to stay together for an entire day/evening. Maybe we gather for just the purpose of 1 ride or view Fantasmic together. What ya think?

But I was also thinking that maybe we target an Annual Christmas event when the park is all decked up. What do you think about that? Just gathering ideas.

RU

LadyDarling

Every other month?

What about every other month? It would give folks time to plan for the next one.

And at those meetings we can "celebrate" newly opened attractions and maybe meet up for lunch or dinner or something?
One thing I think would be GREAT to do in the summer time would be to see what it would cost to do a dessert buffet at the Gallery during Fantasmic going! Pam hooked up something like that for the WDW meet last year and it was GREAT!

Holiday season sounds like a great idea too.

I can't garuntee anything yet for me though! Theater is like that. Keeps me busy and always guessing. I'm actually auditioning for the Disney Cruise Line and Disneyworld next month! :)

xfkirsten

Originally posted by RU42
Well, I might have a good time by myself ;) - even tho it would be much better with a group.

But we will try different days. Friday's are one of my off days so I am there quite often on Friday's. Next time we can try a Sunday.

Maybe April 18? (I am away on the 4th and 11th) I choose the 18th so we can celebrate IJA adventure which should be operational by them.

Maybe we can do another one in May for a ToT event?

Just out of curiosity - how often should we do meets. I was thinking we can do small ones through out the year, every 4-6 weeks or something. Maybe a new ride, new show, or such as the 'reason' to go. We don't 'have' to stay together for an entire day/evening. Maybe we gather for just the purpose of 1 ride or view Fantasmic together. What ya think?

But I was also thinking that maybe we target an Annual Christmas event when the park is all decked up. What do you think about that? Just gathering ideas.

RU

I doubt you'll be by yourself... I don't think they'll schedule me on a Friday this time of year (the only real shift on that day would be a Main Gate shift that starts earlier than I'm available, the only other thing would be if there were a special event).

I'm all for that! And I agree, we should not have it on the same day each time, so that if there's people who want to join us who aren't free on the day we choose one time, they can make it to the next. 4-6 weeks sounds good to me! Kind of a whoever-can-make-it kind of thing. I totally agree about a ToT event - a cool way for people here to celebrate a big event at the parks. Christsmas parties aree a cool idea, too - but I'd say some time earlier in the season (like mid-Nov or early Dec), to take advangate of smaller crowds, and so that people who may be going out of town for the holidays can still make it. But that's a detail that is easily planned when it gets closer. ;)

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

Maybe some body can work us a good discount for that opening day party they had on www.disneygallery.com. It's only about $2000.00 a person right now. :zipit:

I'd LOVE to go to that! Fat chance though!

LMAO! I know the feeling... i just spent all my meager spare cash on a digital camera today... gas and food? Who needs to buy that stuff?! ;) :lol:

-Kirsten

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
they had tickets for the opening event from $59 to $1500...but on another site they said they were sold out....and there was a waiting list.

But if they are soft opening up end of april...I'd love to get on the ride early, and brag about it of course.

!P.

CalDisney

Hhhmm.. Sounds like Kirsten took My Idea..
It`s too bad Tigggrl and I cannot attend:(
I ONLY have Sundays off.
But Thats OK..lol
We were there today on my Last official Day off.

CalDisney

Ok here sthe deal..
I met Tigggrl in a Yahoo Group called Disneyland Annual Passholders
We would meet at Disneyland twice a month usually on Sundays
the 1st and 3rd Sundays
That wasnt working out for alot of people. Because Not everyone had a Premium pass.Which btw I just renewed mine today:)
We even had a Formal once a year in November.
we would be reminded when the Meet would take place where and what time(in front of Great Moments w/ Mr Linclon at 2 pm)
and so on we would spend part of the day together as a Group
We would always take a Picture somewhere in the Park and Post it in the Yahoo Group.

During the Holidays it was kind of tuff to meet But they still do the meets on the 1st Sunday of every month.
So what do You think?? Does this sound good??

I do like the Idea of having it on different Days
Usually wednesdays are light days at Disneyland and DCA no crowds
But it`s Spring break so It`s crowded now:(

xfkirsten

I just got my work schedule for next week today, and unfortunately they scheduled me next Friday, the 26th! Grr! I'd try and trade shifts with someone, but unfortunately it's a meeting, so that won't work. :( And it runs til 7:30 so I wouldn't even be able to get up there in time to meet up for the evening. :( But I'm crossing my fingers for April 2!!!

I like the idea of having regular days, but I do think that we should have a couple different days of the week. Sundays generally work for me (as long as my work schedule allows!). the only day I can't do at the moment is Wednesday, but that will change as soon as lab classes end. :)

-Kirsten

LadyDarling

Whatever works for you guys! :)
I'll do my best to make it out for a couple of them! :)
I was just there today, and whew! It wasn't as bad a summer crowds, but it was bad (110 minute wait for Splash Mountain, and my 1pm the fastpasses were available for 6:20pm already!).

I can't wait until Indy opens! I will also do my best to make it up there for the TOT AP preview!

xfkirsten

Whatever works for you guys! :)
I'll do my best to make it out for a couple of them! :)
I was just there today, and whew! It wasn't as bad a summer crowds, but it was bad (110 minute wait for Splash Mountain, and my 1pm the fastpasses were available for 6:20pm already!).

I can't wait until Indy opens! I will also do my best to make it up there for the TOT AP preview!

I read over at MouseInfo that this past weekend, there was a 220 minute wait for GRR... that's crazy... a 220 min wait at DCA... Lines are really bad right now!

-Kirsten

RU42

Original Poster
Urgent

Hmmm, looks like the 26th is bogging down for a lot of people. Is anyone planning on the 26th besides me?

And - to get the discussion going...

Kirsten pointed out that on 4/2 Believe returns. We were looking to the 2nd as a back-up date anyway. Here is my question; would you rather meet on 4/2 (Friday) or 4/4 (Sunday.)

Sunday's are tough for me to be at the park any earlier then 5:00pm. But we could do an evening meet, maybe dinner, and then catch Believe/Fantasmic. Friday is much better for a day event.

Please let me know your thoughts. After there seems to be some concensus I will change my avatar and start a new thread. Remember, this is specifically between 4/2 and 4/4 (not Friday's vs Sunday's)

Thanks all, I look forward to meeting you!

RU

xfkirsten

Either one works for me (pending my work schedule that I'll get next week), but on the 4th my old roomie from my College Program is flying in, and I'm meeting her at DCA in the afternoon sometime, so I would only be able to hang out with y'all til then.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom