YOMD Planning DVD

the-reason14

I have only seen the YOMD version once, and I thought it was ok. I actualy liked that it had more of a magical disney appeal to it, but I think I liked HCOE version a lil better. I also think I like HCOE celebration a little more than YOMD.

But Im going to watch it again soon since Ill be heading down to WDW in a few weeks and will come back and have a better vote then.

disneyworld07

Have to say i completely disagree, and i have been waiting for the YOMD dvd to come out for the last 5 months (i live in the uk). Ok luke was annoying etc but it was so much more personal. The new dvd has a very sort of 'overall' and distant feel to it. The old dvd HCOE was far better for showing the parks, it allowed you to see what the rides really look like etc rather than the commercial dreamy image of te parks/rides etc in the new dvd. Dont get me wrong i love the YOMD dvd and it did get me all excited, but i was a bit let down. It just seemed like a super cheesy, version. I much preferred seeing the different personalities and perhaps more so, the way the parks were presented in the HCOE dvd.

Anyhoo...

fizzle75

Have to say i completely disagree, and i have been waiting for the YOMD dvd to come out for the last 5 months (i live in the uk). Ok luke was annoying etc but it was so much more personal. The new dvd has a very sort of 'overall' and distant feel to it. The old dvd HCOE was far better for showing the parks, it allowed you to see what the rides really look like etc rather than the commercial dreamy image of te parks/rides etc in the new dvd. Dont get me wrong i love the YOMD dvd and it did get me all excited, but i was a bit let down. It just seemed like a super cheesy, version. I much preferred seeing the different personalities and perhaps more so, the way the parks were presented in the HCOE dvd.

Anyhoo...

My wife and I really enjoy the YOMD dvd but we don't like anywhere near as much as the HCOE dvd. We watched that dvd all of the time and actually ended up ordering several to give to friends. We accidentally gave our last one away,thinking we still had one more,and now we are heartbroken because you can only get the YOMD dvd now:cry: .

I agree with Disneyworld07 that the HCOE dvd is much more detailed and personal. I also feel it did a much better job of capturing the excitement of going to WDW bette than the new one. We personally loooved Erin,Luke,Stacy and Dave and sure they were kinda goofy but they did a great job of capturing the childlike joy and excitement of going to the World for the first time. I thought they were all great,memorable characters and we miss them very much. Now that I think about it,for me, the main thing the new dvd is missing is "character".

Now if I can just get my hands on another copy of the HCOE dvd all will be well in my universe again. Anyone know the best way to get ahold of a copy?
Is EBAY my best bet?

Cmdr_Crimson

I watched the YOMAD DVD and sadly I have to say that doing the whole dream thing in the clouds and adding the clips of characters from movies was cheesy. I liked the parks part mostly. But seriously HCOE DVD was far better since it was done by the same people who did the Top 7 Must Sees at Walt Disney World. If you notice that Erin and Stacy say almost the exact same lines for some of the attractions like Philharmagic and Wishes.

ToTBellHop

I actually liked the HCOE one better. The new one annoys me with it's slow pace and over-use of clouds...they are really only trying to appeal to families w/ little kids here. I much preferred it when they gave you the option of having a video geared toward kids, or one geared toward older kids, or one geared toward adults only. Of course, that was in the days before it was decided that one DVD for WDW and DL would suffice...cheap.

CaptainMichael

I found it overtly annoying and didn't make it past the Magic Kingdom. I prefer the old format, especially the one from 2003 "Where Magic Lives".

The current "celebration" shouldn't dominate the DVD...at least not like in YoMD.

PBarton

I watched the YOMAD DVD and sadly I have to say that doing the whole dream thing in the clouds and adding the clips of characters from movies was cheesy. I liked the parks part mostly. But seriously HCOE DVD was far better since it was done by the same people who did the Top 7 Must Sees at Walt Disney World. If you notice that Erin and Stacy say almost the exact same lines for some of the attractions like Philharmagic and Wishes.
Yes, the "cloud" sections are a complete cheese fest :hurl: Just get to the parks! The time wasted on this could have been used to show more park footage.

It is nice to see footage of Disneyland (though brief) here in the UK. This must be the first time California has been shown on a planning dvd.

The editing is much better than last years effort though. I couldn't stand the hyperactove 1-2-3 editing - flicking from one scene to the next in a matter of seconds!

Already waiting for next years effort!

fizzle75

I actually liked the HCOE one better. The new one annoys me with it's slow pace and over-use of clouds...they are really only trying to appeal to families w/ little kids here. I much preferred it when they gave you the option of having a video geared toward kids, or one geared toward older kids, or one geared toward adults only. Of course, that was in the days before it was decided that one DVD for WDW and DL would suffice...cheap.

Yeah, I really hate that they crammed WDW and DL onto one DVD,it makes it all seem so rushed. In my opinion it is hard enough to show all that WDW has to offer on one disc without trying to include DL also. The HCOE dvd didn't feel as rushed and was much more thorough IMHO.

fizzle75

Yes, the "cloud" sections are a complete cheese fest :hurl: Just get to the parks! The time wasted on this could have been used to show more park footage.

It is nice to see footage of Disneyland (though brief) here in the UK. This must be the first time California has been shown on a planning dvd.

The editing is much better than last years effort though. I couldn't stand the hyperactove 1-2-3 editing - flicking from one scene to the next in a matter of seconds!

Already waiting for next years effort!

Actually DL had their own planning DVD for HCOE it was really neat but it was almost identical in both length and content to what is on this years YOMD dvd. I'm not sure if that was the first time DL had it's own planning DVD though. I'm sure some of the other folks here can shed some light on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom