Trip Report Yo Ho Yo Ho, A Disney week for us...and first ever LIVE Trip Report for me!

There are 4 of us on this fabulous trip & here are some highlights:
Me ... Michelle & the one attempting a live trip report.
DH...Steven & fast pass planner
DD5...Ginger & princess of the family
DC (Disney cousin)...Eddie & our 4th Caballero for this trip.

We will be staying at All Star Movies from March 14 thru March 23.

Currently, we are staying at a hotel about 3 hours away from our home away from home. We plan to be on the road by 7am in the morning.

Tomorrow will be Epcot or Hollywood Studios and then going to Magic Kingdom for fast passes that are in the evening. Oh, and I will include photos tomorrow.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow & tomorrow is just a dream away! :)

Last edited:

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Sorry for not posting. I thought that since this is our 4th trip in a year that I would have some down time. Well, I guess I forgot that we pretty much go all day.
Yesterday was back at magic kingdom.

Highlights....
Best moment: I love riding dumbo in the evening. So when Ginger road it with me (she picks Eddie as her riding partner for everything), I was thrilled. Tears of happy as we road and I looked at her sitting beside me and enjoying it too. Then we knew it time for fireworks. We sat down on a bench & could see Tink fly! Ginger was softly singing along with Star Light Star Bright. So it was a magical teary eyed moment!

Ride lines: I don't want to jinx us, but so far so good. Thus why no down time. The standby lines move fast & are slightly shorter than time posted. Fastpass lines have not been long at all.

Weather: Hot in the day & jackets at night. Ginger puts on sweatpants too.

Funniest thing overheard: dad told his small son ..."look that is where mickey mouse lives" & then elaborated on how a mouse lives in a castle. :banghead:

Today is Animal Kingdom then Tomorrowland dessert party at magic kingdom!!!

TTFN!

Last edited:

Tribritt

Sorry for not posting. I thought that since this is our 4th trip in a year that I would have some down time. Well, I guess I forgot that we pretty much go all day.
Yesterday was back at magic kingdom.

Highlights....
Best moment: I love riding dumbo in the evening. So when Ginger road it with me (she picks Eddie as her riding partner for everything), I was thrilled. Tears of happy as we road and I looked at her sitting beside me and enjoying it too. Then we knew it time for fireworks. We sat down on a bench & could see Tink fly! Ginger was softly singing along with Star Light Star Bright. So it was a magical teary eyed moment!

Ride lines: I don't want to jinx us, but so far so good. Thus why no down time. The standby lines move fast & are slightly shorter than time posted. Fastpass lines have not been long at all.

Weather: Hot in the day & jackets at night. Ginger puts on sweatpants too.

Funniest thing overheard: dad told his small son ..."look that is where mickey mouse lives" & then elaborated on how a mouse lives in a castle. :banghead:

Today is Animal Kingdom then Tomorrowland dessert party at magic kingdom!!!

TTFN!
Fun to read your posts! Can't wait til our trip!!!

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Just got back to our room. Started at animal kingdom this morning at 9:30.
Met mickey & Minnie. Road the dinosaur ride. DH & Eddie road Everest. Ginger is into collecting the wilderness stickers so we sought out a couple of those stands.

Funny moment... We all saw Nemo show (always enjoyable). When it ended, we stopped at the first bathroom like everyone else to which Ginger suggested we needed a fast pass to get past the long line.
We took a midday break at the room for almost 2 hrs. Ginger does not nap but she did rest.
Magic kingdom this evening....Tomorrowland dessert party!! I will post photos when I get home. Fabulous & magical! I love love love seeing Tink fly!!

Weather report...warm in the day & jacket weather at night.

Crowd & fast pass line report.... still doing great. I still think the lines are moving good. We were able to ride a lot tonight (even early evening) with little wait. Space mountain maintained normal wait time but it was never horrible.

TTFN!

3Caballeros

Original Poster
I could not wait to share pics. These are on my camera so please let me know if you can't see.

Dessert party...
1395057721005.jpg
1395057897708.jpg

1395057991946.jpg

And yes, that strawberry is missing chocolate. Ginger likes strawberries without chocolate, so as the good mom, I make myself eat that delicious chocolate for her. :D

Newlife276

Thanks for sharing live!! We'll be there one month from today & I've been fighting the negativity I see about FP+ & MB's... It's refreshing to hear someone enjoying their trip!

This will be our first time doing the Wishes Dessert Party, I can't wait! Those treats look so yummy!

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing live!! We'll be there one month from today & I've been fighting the negativity I see about FP+ & MB's... It's refreshing to hear someone enjoying their trip!

This will be our first time doing the Wishes Dessert Party, I can't wait! Those treats look so yummy!

The desserts were very good. One tidbit that I learned...even though they pre-assign the tables, you will want to get in line 20 - 30 minutes early. We were first in line & taken to our table & allowed to go straight to the buffet of food. Further back in the line, the people had to wait as people were checked off the reservation list & get their party wrist bands on.

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Rainy day at Disney is still better than a sunny day at work!
We were wet but enjoyed the day.

Funniest thing overheard today.... standing in line for Elsa & Anna, a teenage girl told her mom that her phone app says the line is only 25 minutes. :banghead: The mom believed her. And this was said shortly after the cast member was saying it was a 2.5 hour wait.

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Today we are meeting up with another family at Hollywood studios. They have never been to WDW, so I am super excited to spend time with them.

Hopefully no rain today.

3Caballeros

Original Poster
Other than going in October & November for seasonal events & decor, this is my favorite time to be here. Crowd level is good & weather is perfect!

Positive comment... I love having the memory maker on the magic band vs. a card. It is one less thing to keep up with. Previously, I am keeping Ginger contained, getting out the camera, autograph book & photopass card. Now, it is one less thing & the camera person is able to scan my arm while I direct Ginger to the exit.

Negative comment.... for those staying off site. I found out yesterday that the fast passes for Toy Story Mania are gone by 9:30. So you have to arrive before Hollywood Studio opens. Granted, they were always gone early, but this confirms that has not improved but maybe worse for off sit guests.

Funny thing overheard yesterday... a family was walking up from Muppets 3D toward Star Tours. The mom said, this must be Jasmine's castle" as she looked up at the side of Star Tours. I took a good look & I can see where she thought that...at first glance.

FlaggNL

Really does go quicker than you think, I hit 100 days today & it doesn't seem that long since I was making my ADRs at 180 days out. Hang in there Sumer will fly by

Congrats on the 100 hit :) LOL Off course time like I said time flies by.... I have a daily calander for us at home.... we started with it at 260 days and now 'just' 212 left.... so it's there before we know it :) And like you set we just have to hang in the summer.. and during summer break we have 3 weeks off work... normally we always go some days to DLP during summer break, but this year it's saving $$$ for the October trip :)

3Caballeros

Original Poster
After a fun filled day, we are back in the room.... we head home in the morning.

We hit all the highlights today at Hollywood Studios, Epcot & Magic kingdom!!!

Crowd level increased today, but it has not been bad at all this week.

Fastpass plus verdict for this family: we miss paper fast passes!! We didn't have any problems but I don't see any benefit in the new system. I am hoping they implement some improvements to accommodate park hopping.
For those staying off site, it looks like there are plenty of kiosks. The ones near the entrance are busy with long lines in the morning.
I did not really see any improvement by having this new system.

Overall, it was another magically wonderful time!! I hope to post some pics soon.

As always, we do not say bye to WDW, but see ya real soon!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom