Yippe!

Disney4648

Original Poster
One of Disney's Companies, the Anaheim Angles baseball team made it to the World Series today. This is the first time that the Angles have made it to the World Series......Disney is going to make so much money when they sell the baseball company( Anaheim Angels) this year. Disney almost made Eisner sell the team before the season started when they were supposed to be in last place at the end of the season, but Eisner said no, and he made the right choice. The Shareholders thank Eisner!:) :sohappy:

TURKEY

Disney isn't going to make money on selling the Angels unless something extreme happens. They've lost money in redoing the stadium and lost money in past years. More than likely the selling price (if there is one) will be lower than what they want to sell for.

pheneix

The Angels are nothing but a pawn to Eisner. You are right in that Eisner's choice to wait on the Angels will prove more prudent when they are sold, but neither their performance or Eisner's "amazing ability" to see talent had an effect on the decision to sale the Angels. They will be sold when it will look good for Disney. That'll probably be during one of the networks sweeps periods when ABC gets slaughtered.

You know, after having such a great time at Universal this weekend it was amazing to come home and see the real innovators of the whole entertainment business act like they are in the ______-wee leagues. Oh wait, the real innovators have already passed or moved on...

>>>Disney isn't going to make money on selling the Angels<<<

Even worse, the fact that the team made it to the World Series this year still doesn't change the fact that they still probably won't even turn a profit.

Disney4648

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
:rolleyes: Grow up

Edit---

Adds Disney4648 to his ignore list.

I need to grow up? I asked a simple question. You dont understand what this win for the Anaheim Angels means for the Disney Company, Shareholders, and fans of the team. All you can say is, "I dont think so but we'll see...."

What does that mean? lol

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The economics of Major league baseball are not fair by any means. I'm not sure about if the angels will even break even this year, much less make a profit. I'm sure the world series run hasn't hurt things any, but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. They still said that the team is for sale last night after they accepted the ALCS trophy, and I would expect a sale before the start of the next season.

Now, the fact that they made the world series once ever doesn't really factor in. Heck, even the Florida Marlins won the series a few years back and weren't sold for the best price. I would expect to see something similar here. Disney will take whatever the best bid gives them that keeps the team in Anaheim. It's a matter of Disney cutting their losses and moving on towards more profitable ventures.

Disney4648

Original Poster
Fievel, your correct. Disney wont make a huge profit, if any. But, this trip to the World Series is going to make them some money, even if they are going to sell the team at a low price.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Disney4648
Fievel, your correct. Disney wont make a huge profit, if any. But, this trip to the World Series is going to make them some money, even if they are going to sell the team at a low price.

If they don't make a profit, then they won't make some money.

Profits are measured in terms of the year, not just one game, series, etc. All this should do is keep them from losing as much, not making any more.

JLW11Hi

Well, I think its great that they finally get a chance to go to the WS.

(Although I would have rather seen the Twinkies go :D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom