Yikes, The Stroller...

Club Cooloholic

So I am not really a stroller guy with my kids. My youngest(four months old) is now able to handle being carried in my pouch carrier and even before that I would often just lug the car seat with him in it by hand. My 3yr old walks pretty much everywhere or has me tote her a bit if needed. That said, with the trip coming up we were happy to get a nice big double stroller with a bench seating for xmas from grandma.
So the stroller sat in the box and with our trip coming this week I just put it together, dang its big and heavy. I hope I can get it in the trunk of the standard car we rented lol. But oh well, what can I do, I think it will help when my daughter is faultering and she might actually fall asleep in it. I know a lot of folks hate these things but I promise to watch out for ankles!
Here is a link that shows the boat...
http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1804098

Hot Lava

I personally will never bring a side by side stroller when I have kids, I've seen them cause wayyy to much hassle.

hahahaha! Never say never! :) We also said we would NEVER get a minivan when we had kids (among many other "nevers"). I still hate it as being a minivan, but boy do I love it on the inside! :p Way better than the SUV we had and were so convinced would work just fine.

As to this topic, has anyone ever used small umbrella strollers and then linked them together with those linking devices? Not that it would work great in this situation, but I have often wondered as to whether they work well and might be a happy medium.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
hahahaha! Never say never! :) We also said we would NEVER get a minivan when we had kids (among many other "nevers"). I still hate it as being a minivan, but boy do I love it on the inside! :p Way better than the SUV we had and were so convinced would work just fine.

As to this topic, has anyone ever used small umbrella strollers and then linked them together with those linking devices? Not that it would work great in this situation, but I have often wondered as to whether they work well and might be a happy medium.
We said never about the minivan too...would never own anything else now!

Upvote 0

Pluto fan girl

I don't like mini vans for myself either.....but I have a Mazda 5 and I LOVE it! People are quite often amazed when they realize it is one. Not big, but nice.

Also, bought a maclaren umbrella stroller just for our 2010 visit when dd was barely 3, loved it. Dh and I are very tall - great stroller. At $150 for an umbrella stroller, I was slightly concerned it might walk away, but never had a problem. She will just be 6 when we come this year, not sure if we'll need a stroller or not. Worried she might not make it all day, but don't want to push an empty one around all day either!

Upvote 0

Mawg

I'm avoiding the minivans...me and the wife don't like them
I remember when I hated mini-vans. My wife and I were in complete agreement when we got married that we would never own a mini-van. Then one year on a trip to North Carolina and Florida we rented a mini-van. It had automatic doors. I hit the button on the remote to open the doors, the kids jumped in and put on their seatbelts expect the smallest. No doors hitting other cars or me holding the door open. My wife and I just looked at each other and said we are getting one of these. Yep, there's one in my garage. In a few years when the kids are older, I'll trade it in for a mid size SUV, but for right now, it really works for us.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

DsnySodec said:
I'm avoiding the minivans...me and the wife don't like them​
I remember when I hated mini-vans. My wife and I were in complete agreement when we got married that we would never own a mini-van. Then one year on a trip to North Carolina and Florida we rented a mini-van. It had automatic doors. I hit the button on the remote to open the doors, the kids jumped in and put on their seatbelts expect the smallest. No doors hitting other cars or me holding the door open. My wife and I just looked at each other and said we are getting one of these. Yep, there's one in my garage. In a few years when the kids are older, I'll trade it in for a mid size SUV, but for right now, it really works for us.​
We too became converts when he had to rent one. Still hate it, and yet still love it. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom