Yeti Tracker

psuchad

Original Poster
Post the date and time that you rode Expedition Everest and if the yeti was in A or B mode. I will continue to compile a list at the top of the thread. I am curious on seeing this data in one central location.

So far:

March 4 1:00 AM A Mode
March 12 11:00 AM A Mode
March 19 10:00 AM A Mode
March 19 12:00 PM A Mode
April 8 9:45 AM A Mode
April 8 4:45 PM A Mode
April 10 9:30 AM A Mode
April 10 12:30 PM A Mode
April 13 8:05 AM A Mode

Where are all the B Mode dates?

beyondinfinity

explanation please....

Unfortunately, I am not going to WDW until July....can you explain what "A or B mode" means for those of us who haven't been able to ride EE yet?

Thanks!

:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
beyondinfinity said:
Unfortunately, I am not going to WDW until July....can you explain what "A or B mode" means for those of us who haven't been able to ride EE yet?

Thanks!

:wave:
A mode: Yeti in normal working order.
B Mode: Yeti not working and illuminated by a strobe light to simulate movement.

MeTa

Master Yoda said:
A mode: Yeti in normal working order.
B Mode: Yeti not working and illuminated by a strobe light to simulate movement.

Thats aweful, so what they havent completely tweeked all the bugs out? If I were there on vacation and heard about the yeti and saw it on discovery channel I would be ed if it wasnt working!:mad:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MeTa said:
Thats aweful, so what they havent completely tweeked all the bugs out? If I were there on vacation and heard about the yeti and saw it on discovery channel I would be ed if it wasnt working!:mad:
The Yeti is the largest most complicated AA ever built so there will be bugs for quite some time. Pretty much every part of the Yeti's structure is a one of a kind hand made part and it will take a long time before every conceivable problem will surface. It is also conceivable that some of the bugs are so deep in the structure that they can never be permanently corrected.

For a comparison look at your car. All the parts on it are mass produced and tested over and over again yet parts still break, items wear faster than predicted etc. Now apply that to a one of a kind creation. You cant really build 20 Yeti's for the sole purpose of reliability testing and even if you did there would still bugs somewhere. The fact that the Yeti works at all is a tremendous feet of engineering.

psuchad

Original Poster
Need some dates for the second part of April.

The whole idea of this is to get a sence of exactly how often the Yeti is down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom