Yeti Still Operating in B Mode

makonyy15

Original Poster
Went back to AK tonight for an EMH, and rode EE twice, once again it was running in B mode, clearly strobing with no movement. The same was true yesterday, which most likely means that he'll be down until the Easter holiday is over, everything else was great, steam in the station, hawk was working but no mist at the top. That mountain is so ominous at night, it's great!

Anyone have any info on the Yeti's status?

Feta

THANK YOU!!!

I finally got to ride EE for the first time yesterday. The ride was great, but I was very disappointed with the yeti. The strobe was distracting and I couldn't notice any real movement. Now I know I have more to look forward to on my next trip.

i was there for the past week, just flew back to Ohio today- and noticed this on tuesday... we got there around 11 and rode 2 times, Yeti was in A:mode, then we had 2 fast passes for later that night after 4 and yeti was in B:mode so i am thinking that it shuts down around 2-3 pm. anyone else think that's it??? hophilly disney will find a way that they can run it all day long!!

MickeyMan101

makonyy15

Original Poster
No problem, if you look on the Everest page of Wdwmagic, you'll see that when the Yeti is in A mode, it's lit from behind and from the front, mostly white in appearence, and clearly swatting at the car. I haven't seen it up close and personal in A mode, but from the pictures, videos, and guests saying it's been down this week(EE in general i mean), i can only imagine that we've seen B. Also that's what B has been described as here, Strobing, fans to imitate moving of hair/limbs, and no clear lighting.

the-reason14

Whats up with the mist? Why cant they get that to work, its so simple. The steam thats good, I didnt get to see it in march, and look forward to. But why would they waste time putting in mist nozzles, if they didnt plan on them to work often?

Rob562

the-reason14 said:
Whats up with the mist? Why cant they get that to work, its so simple. The steam thats good, I didnt get to see it in march, and look forward to. But why would they waste time putting in mist nozzles, if they didnt plan on them to work often?

A couple people on here have said that WDI found that the mist was keeping the tracks too wet, and it was causing problems (my guess would be sensors, or perhaps the track and/or paint was wearing too quickly, or perhaps even it was messing up the traction of the advancer wheels where the trains stop and reverse direction). While the track is designed for all weather, it probably wasn't designed to be wet day all day, every day...

-Rob

yensidtlaw1969

Rob562 said:
A couple people on here have said that WDI found that the mist was keeping the tracks too wet, and it was causing problems (my guess would be sensors, or perhaps the track and/or paint was wearing too quickly, or perhaps even it was messing up the traction of the advancer wheels where the trains stop and reverse direction). While the track is designed for all weather, it probably wasn't designed to be wet day all day, every day...

-Rob
Does that mean they're gone for good or that they're actively working on a solution to these problems?

Yensid " The Lightbulb has died . . ." tlaw1969

peter11435

the-reason14 said:
But why would they waste time putting in mist nozzles, if they didnt plan on them to work often?

Obviously they planned on using the mist. But unfortunatly it seems it has caused some unexpected problems.

peter11435

MickeyMan101 said:
so i am thinking that it shuts down around 2-3 pm. anyone else think that's it???

It has nothing to do with the time of day. He has been in A mode all day many times and B mode first thing in the morning many times as well. Its all a matter of when he decides to stop working and how long it takes them to fix the problem.

EpcotServo

Yes, the Yeti has encountered a problem. WDI is coming back in to fix him. So as much as I hate to say it, we will be seeing alot of B show in the coming weeks. As for the Mist, It was getting the tracks a little wetter then they expected. I hear that they are going to replace it with a fog type system, but who knows when they'll get to it.:(

EpcotServo

psuchad said:
Do the cast members at the entrance know if it is working in A or B mode or do you just have to take your chances?
Yes, but it's kind of silly to ask. Because the ride and Yeti are just as awesome in B show.

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
I disagree. I think the ride is good in B-mode but it is far better in A-mode.
You guys misunderstood me. Yes, I like it better when it's running ALOT more then when it's running B show. I'm just saying it shouldn't effect your choice to ride. I was just saying to him that it's still a great show, Yeti working or not.

imagineersrock

EpcotServo said:
Yes, the Yeti has encountered a problem. WDI is coming back in to fix him. So as much as I hate to say it, we will be seeing alot of B show in the coming weeks.
Hmm, maybe if I ride it again soon I'll finally see what a "B-Mode" ride is like then. Believe it or not I've been on Everest 40 times now and never seen anything but "A".

EpcotServo said:
As for the Mist, It was getting the tracks a little wetter then they expected. I hear that they are going to replace it with a fog type system, but who knows when they'll get to it.
That's what I was suspecting... either fog, or adding a sensor that only turns the mist on as a train comes by.

vfxpro

Rob562 said:

-Rob

I was told that the mist not only sets off false alarms but that it evaporates far too quickly in the florida climate to be cost effective, they are looking into other ways to create this effect.

peter11435

imagineersrock said:
Hmm, maybe if I ride it again soon I'll finally see what a "B-Mode" ride is like then. Believe it or not I've been on Everest 40 times now and never seen anything but "A".

Wow. I have been on Everest 27 times and have seen the B mode 7 times.

wvugeoggrad

This is just hearsay but a friend of mine was at an outing in Orlando over the weekend and an imagineer or someone who works on the Yeti mentioned something to her about the Yeti's arm falling off!! :eek: Not sure if it actually detached or just was broken but either way this might be why its been in B mode for a while. Again though this isn't anything that's 100% true, just something she was told.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom