Yeti Full A Mode?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I didn't have the same trouble seeing it. I can still remember my first ride on Everest and I was amazed when I saw the Yeti and even remember saying, "That almost hit me!!"

I think some people (not saying you) have seen the Yeti in some kind of B mode or not moving at all and the lighting was totally different in those circumstances. When it first opened and operated properly, there was no missing it.
Yeah my little boy had never really got a good look at him and thought he only showed up to rip off the track and so when we rode it at night during the DVC event he got really scared at the end and said "I'm not riding that again! He almost got me!" LOL! By the end of the night though he couldn't get enough of riding it and we won't be back until May and hardly a day goes by where he doesn't say "I wanna see the Yeti on your computer". He likes to watch it on youtube. I still hope when they do another refurb that they will actually restore it to its original state because it's really awesome to see.

Cmdr_Crimson

The best way to see him really good in his current state is to ride it at night. When we done the DVC event over there we rode it over and over and man he looks great at night. You can definitely see him much better. Still is lame that he doesn't exactly "work" like he's supposed to though.

You just got to search google for the better shots of him...Like These...
3462902288_0ef50322e1_z.jpg
latest
latest

The Tuna

I find this hard to believe. The first time I rode it in A mode I DUCKED and was actually really freaked out by it. It was awesome - and absolutely nothing like the current Disco Yeti (who is easy to miss).

What's hard to believe? I didn't know when or where in the ride the yeti was. by the time i realized where it was on the second ride i went back and got a good look on the third. Impressive AA but the scene is so fast its not like you get a long time to look at him or his in depth motions during that 2 seconds. You are right that it was awesome, but its still impressive and freaks out new or infrequent guests. Remember that Disney doesnt like us repeat visitors who complain and point out their flaws.

pax_65

What's hard to believe? I didn't know when or where in the ride the yeti was. by the time i realized where it was on the second ride i went back and got a good look on the third. Impressive AA but the scene is so fast its not like you get a long time to look at him or his in depth motions during that 2 seconds. You are right that it was awesome, but its still impressive and freaks out new or infrequent guests. Remember that Disney doesnt like us repeat visitors who complain and point out their flaws.

I'm surprised that you didn't see him while operating in A mode. You're right, it's fast, but he's HUGE and so threatening. The only way you'd miss him is if you were looking down or had your eyes closed. (If so, you'd hear the gasps of other riders and wonder what the heck you were missing!)

Otherwise I agree with you on all points. The sad thing is that most people have no idea what they're missing and they enjoy it and ride anyway (as do I, I confess), so there's very little pressure on Disney to fix it and restore the attraction to what it was designed to be.

barkerbird

Oh, A Mode Yeti...

Quite possibly the most frustrating thing in WDW history. I remember riding EE in 2007 when it was fresh. That Yeti was one of the scariest things I had seen in a ride. It felt like he missed your head by inches. *Sigh* The good old days...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom