Yet another Indiana Jones stunt show RUMOR

speck76

Original Poster
I heard a new RUMOR yesterday.....from a CM....so you can gauge the accuracy for yourself.

The RUMOR is that the Indiana Jones Stunt Show will be rethemed to a PotC stunt show, which would tie-in nicely with the 2 upcoming movies.

Keep in mind, this is a RUMOR that was heard from the CM....and nothing more.

lmfetter

I would not mind to see a stunt show like that but if they do i hope they replace the Indy show with an Indy ride or something along those lines.

Chape19714

I wonder if they can get Keira Knightly to do the show?:drevil: :goodnevil

Anyhow...It sounds like a good Idea, but, like anything, it could be approached completley wrong, making it a bad show. PotC seems to be set in some very dark places, that would be completley lost in an outdoor theatre. There's definately potential for this, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Connor002

lmfetter said:
I would not mind to see a stunt show like that but if they do i hope they replace the Indy show with an Indy ride or something along those lines.

The idea is to replace Indy with PotC.

ZHoyt

I don't think POTC would translate as well. Special effects couldn't be replicated, no water, etc. Also, not nearly as good of a movie IMO.

speck76

Original Poster
ZHoyt said:
I don't think POTC would translate as well. Special effects couldn't be replicated, no water, etc. Also, not nearly as good of a movie IMO.

we....it would require some engineering work.....but the stage could become a tank...similar to the Waterworld stunt show at Universal Studios California

stuntshow4.JPG

In addition, it would be a "cheap" makeover of the attraction, while keeping a stunt show....the only major changes would be set related, as the theater is already there.

I like the idea..but do you think it's possible since there already is POTC in the Magic Kingdom? Yes I know it's completely different but it's Pirates none the less.

speck76

Original Poster
should-be-BELLE said:
I like the idea..but do you think it's possible since there already is POTC in the Magic Kingdom? Yes I know it's completely different but it's Pirates none the less.

Indiana Jones is also in the GMR

Peter Pan has a ride, and is the host of the MK parade

Don't even get me started with the mice....they are EVERYWHERE :lol:

Many stories or characters are in multiple parks......it is not a big deal.

speck76

Original Poster
ZHoyt said:
Wow, I can't believe they made a freaking Waterwold attraction! Is it next to the Gigli dark-ride?

no.....Gigli is dow the path a bit

It is in-between the Leonard Part 6 dark ride and the Glitter stage show :lookaroun

OmegaKnight

I like the idea but I also think anything Pirates related should remain in Magic Kingdom. It would, in my opinion, ruin the magic of what makes that ride such a classic.

drew81

I've seen the Waterworld show at USH, and it's a good show. The plane that comes flying towards the audience is an awesome effect. If Universal can do it, I'm sure Disney could do it and do it better.

dclfan

As you can see I am a huge Pirates of the Carribean fan so I think a Pirate stunt show would be a nice addition to the Studios as long as it is done right. However I like Indiana Jones and hope to see a new ride or some kind of atteraction in the future if they do decide to replace the Stunt show.

EpcotGrl

speck76 said:
no.....Gigli is dow the path a bit

It is in-between the Leonard Part 6 dark ride and the Glitter stage show :lookaroun

LOL! I've never wanted to visit Universal Studios more! :lol:

jedimaster1227

Chape19714 said:
I wonder if they can get Keira Knightly to do the show?:drevil: :goodnevil

Anyhow...It sounds like a good Idea, but, like anything, it could be approached completley wrong, making it a bad show. PotC seems to be set in some very dark places, that would be completley lost in an outdoor theatre. There's definately potential for this, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The idea of Keira Knightly being in show that runs at least 4 times a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year doesn't seem likely or even possible. Maybe her cameo could be pre-filmed. Sortof like at Terminator 2- 3D.

Chape19714

speck76 said:
we....it would require some engineering work.....but the stage could become a tank...similar to the Waterworld stunt show at Universal Studios California

In addition, it would be a "cheap" makeover of the attraction, while keeping a stunt show....the only major changes would be set related, as the theater is already there.

Well, the costs would well excede just the set. That theatre was desinged and built specifically for IJ. The Catwalks, lighting, sound, etc. are all there for IJ, and not built for another show. If it were to be replaced, the lighting design would have to be re-done (for the purposes of work lighting at night, and nightime performances) and the sound would have to be re-configured to the new show. The Catwalks could probally stay as is. Also, the theatre queue area would have to be re-decorated, as it looks like a jungle now. The biggest cost of a water tank would be installing/building it, building a filtration system for it (assuming the actors will fall into the water), and a big issue-Drainage. Drains would have to be installed not only on the stage, but even through the theatre due to any splashes that might occur. I think the theatre has drains already, but they would have to be adjusted/re-desinged to handle the additional water effects (as they are only desinged for rain).

Not trying to argue...Just pointing out what I think, if that's worth anything to anyone.

The bottom line is: Shows are NEVER cheap, even a small one.

We haven't even gotten into the costs of costumes, directors, and desingers that would be needed to create a new show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom