Yet another dining plan question...

PixieDust2006

Original Poster
Please forgive me for my first post being a quest for information. But it would be really helpful if you all could answer it. March 31, my brother's family and I will be arriving at DW. We have already reserved a cabin at FW through AAA. We have not yet purchased our tickets. I discovered this site and realized the the Dining Plan really is the way to go. My question is...can the dining plan be purchased when you purchase your tickets? The cabin has already been paid for so I don't think purchasing the dining plan there is an option...so can you? Can you purchase the DP when you purchase tickets? Any help you can provide is appreciated....

30 days and counting.....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
PixieDust2006 said:
Please forgive me for my first post being a quest for information. But it would be really helpful if you all could answer it. March 31, my brother's family and I will be arriving at DW. We have already reserved a cabin at FW through AAA. We have not yet purchased our tickets. I discovered this site and realized the the Dining Plan really is the way to go. My question is...can the dining plan be purchased when you purchase your tickets? The cabin has already been paid for so I don't think purchasing the dining plan there is an option...so can you? Can you purchase the DP when you purchase tickets? Any help you can provide is appreciated....

30 days and counting.....

No. DDP has to be booked with a MYW ticket package. Call AAA and ask to add tickets and DDP to your current booking. You might even get a slight discount on the tickets through them.

If you don't book DDP, it can't be added at check-in. [JPVonDrake answered a similar question recently].

PixieDust2006

Original Poster
Thank you Monty! Further question...

I was mistaken...my brother booked the cabin through Disney travel using his AAA discount. I told him to call Disney and have the tickets and DDP added to his reservation. He said that Disney said that he had to purchase the tickets through AAA? Does this make sense? So if this is indeed the case, that would mean that the DDP is not an option for our party. Is this true?

Thank you for any help you can give.

decbysteph

I just made my reservations last week through AAA. I was told by the agent that I had to add the dining plan right away with the Magic Your Way tickets, I could not decide to add it on later. Needless to say, I added it on. I would have your brother call AAA or Disney again and try to have them add it on if at all possible. Maybe if the trip has just been booked they can change it? I think it is a silly rule that you can't add things on after booking. I hope you can get it, it sounds like an excellent plan!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
PixieDust2006 said:
Thank you Monty! Further question...

I was mistaken...my brother booked the cabin through Disney travel using his AAA discount. I told him to call Disney and have the tickets and DDP added to his reservation. He said that Disney said that he had to purchase the tickets through AAA? Does this make sense? So if this is indeed the case, that would mean that the DDP is not an option for our party. Is this true?

Thank you for any help you can give.

I would call Disney again... I can't see them not being able to add to a reservation they did. It might be the way he said the information about AAA and they thought he had booked through AAA? Maybe you'll get lucky on the next call and hit that 1-in-1800 chance and get JPVonDrake :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom