Trip Report "Yes we are crazy! But it's Christmas & New Years in WDW"

First off. This is my first ever trip report and I am going to try and do it live. I make no promises that I will be posting by the hour, but I will do my best to keep everybody up to date on the craziness that this coming week will be.

My name is Jeff and I will be your guide for the next few days. I am lucky enough to have 2 of the greatest parents of all time. Who decided back in April that we needed to go to WDW for a Christmas vacation.

The cast for this trip is as follows: me (Jeff 40), my wife 44, DS 22, DD 11(first trip ever) and the greatest Nanny and Papa ever

We will be staying at All Star Music from the 25th of Dec until the 2nd of Jan.

We are driving down from Barrie, Ontario and will be departing from our current location
image.jpg

the Griswolds......ahhhh I mean the inlaws in just under 2 hrs to meet up with my parents and load the van and head South.

Thanks to the great people on this form we have lots of ADR's and a full slate of FP's booked (with no issues). We are fully aware of how busy it will be and have decided to take it as its given to us.

So sit back and enjoy what I am sure are going to be lots of great memories.

P.S. My wife and I decided to leave the fancy camera at home and enjoy WDW through our eyes and not our camera lens (so it will be Iphone pics that are posted)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Hi Jeff :)

Ontario !!!! Gee how long (miles and hours) will that take you ? When you say you're going for Christmas you do mean this one, don't you ?

We had a very enjoyable WDW Christmas and New Year a few years ago. Looking forward to your report - shame you left the good camera behind

Jae99

Original Poster
Hi Jeff :)

Ontario !!!! Gee how long (miles and hours) will that take you ? When you say you're going for Christmas you do mean this one, don't you ?

We had a very enjoyable WDW Christmas and New Year a few years ago. Looking forward to your report - shame you left the good camera behind
Yes we are going this year. Will be on the road before 11 pm est. According to Google Maps it it 2302 km and approximately 21 hrs driving time. We are hoping to arrive sometime around noon on Christmas Day.

It was a long discussion over if we should bring the camera or not. I ended up purchasing the Memory Maker photo package to capture our memories with. Neither one us wanted to have to worry about carrying the camera around during the craziness.

Jae99

Original Poster
So here I sit after 15 or so hours of driving and we are nicely tucked in for the night at the Hampton Inn. We managed to find a truck stop to eat at, had a relaxing dip in the pool and are all showered and ready for bed. It will be a 6:30 am wake up call, with plans to hit the road before 8. We have approximately 7 and a half hours until we reach WDW.

See you in the morning. :)

Jae99

Original Poster
P.P.S.

For any that are interested in some details of the drive so far.

We have travelled approximately 1500 km (sorry I am metric centric)
We left Barrie Ontario at 10:30 pm on the 23rd and arrived at our hotel just north of Atlanta at 4:30.
We stopped 5 times total (2 of them to fill up with gas and once to eat)
We have put approximately 35 gallons of gas in the van costing $73.00

Totally loved the drive through the hills in Tennessee. Some absolutely breathtaking views.

Longers

Will be looking forward to following along with you. I did my first trip report live In November (well I posted every night) and it took more time than I expected but I did it for everyone sat at home missing the Disney bubble! I have really bad withdrawal symptoms right now so I am hoping you can ease them :) have a magical time - looking forward to the pictures

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom