Yes, Illuminations has changed. Here are video clips from this past weekend.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I noticed several topics of the Illluminations changing to have less pyrotechnics.

This is true and I noticed it this past weekend. I have video clips of most the entire show, just added to my site. There is no audio to save download time and file size.

www.thewaltdisneyworldguide.com

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
There's one little detail you left out....

The whole fact that this is just what? One run through of it?

That doesnt proove that it has been changed. It only strengthens our other topic about certain things being taken out due to a faulty cannon, a misfire or they just didnt want to use it.

I'll be out there tomorrow for the heck of it so I'll talk to a few people on the team and ask whats up then watch for myself.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
NO

No, let me assure you, it has changed because some of the things removed have been replaced with different effects.

There have been some misfires. However, I saw it twice this past weekend and there are scheduled changes.

The first change at the end of the first segment ends with a low level pyro instead of a higher level pyro technic.

The segment that grips you, in the middle of the segment that had the white tall palm fireworks with orange one's exploding in the middle has been replaced. It is replaced with a second lighting of all of the buildings around the lagoon. This lighting happened previously but now it happens twice, once in it's original spot and this new one.

Trust me, I have seen this show and filmed it more times than I could count and these changes are scheduled.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Im not saying your lying or not, but I'll believe you fully after tomorrow night and Saturday night.

Quick question though, that midi file you have on your site, any why I might be able to get that from you? Disney theme park songs always seem to be very good in midi format.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
no

it doenst alter it too much however, I do not like the middle segment with the orange fireworks taken out with the tall white ones. However at the end I DO like the spotlights from the globe.

About the midi's. YOu can take that one but, you're better off going to www.yahoo.com and doing a Disneymidi search. You'll find websites with hundreds of Disney midis. That's where I got mine. Theyr'e free to take.

Dang it, the Angelfire website with the video has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth usuage. Guess I will try back later on.

Shaman

Re: no

Originally posted by civileng68
it doenst alter it too much however, I do not like the middle segment with the orange fireworks taken out with the tall white ones. However at the end I DO like the spotlights from the globe.

Thankyou...I like so many have been saying that there were changes...I have to disagree with you however about the orange fireworks...its seemed awesome to me (I saw it from the front of the lagoon...and it was great) but I think that it takes away from seeing the same thing from another angle (which takes away from "the show can be viewed from around the lagoon" factor)...I think its a good replacement for the time being.

Overall with all its cuts the show is a bit better now than it ever was...but then again thats just my opinion.

LarryPetrosky

Missing pyro effects update

Watched RoE last night. The portions of the show that had missing pyro effects have been updated. Each "hole" in the show now has a single pyro effect very similar to the Fantasy in the Sky elements, only a bit smaller. This was just one show so I'm not sure if the changes are here to stay but IMHO it was definately better than the pyro-lite version.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Hm. I saw it last night and everything was there. It was the original show from start to finish, except for the shooting star which exploded before.....but that's been there for a while.

The pyro was on at full blast, the buildings lit up only once, EVERYTHING was there.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Saw it again tonight, nothing changed at all. One misfire but that was during the sequence on "Trip around the the world" where the shells fire off in in a circle around the globe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom