yellow\black markers on Dumbo

rccola18

Original Poster
does anyone know why CM's give you these square markers just before you get on Dumbo? We were told to put them on the front of Dumbo and then they took them off before the ride started. Thanks.

cj2me

I pretty sure they do it so they have an appropriate number of people boarding the ride as to how many elephant cars there are.

joanna71985

rccola18 said:
does anyone know why CM's give you these square markers just before you get on Dumbo? We were told to put them on the front of Dumbo and then they took them off before the ride started. Thanks.

It also helps with the wait time.

iheartdisney91

they do? hmmm.... now dont scream at me now but i never went on dumbo and i go there every year... but for the haunted mansion they gave me a lanyard with a tag on it and i guess it determines the wait time! i felt special!:king:

sillyspook13

It's to make sure guests don't tell the cast member their party will sit together, then spread out their party one per elephant blocking other guests in that boarding group.

Mickifan17

I don't know about Dumbo, but I've gotten yellow cards on a lanyard while on line at restaurants and rides to track the wait time on lines. CM's give it to guests at a certain point in line and when you give it back at the end of the line, they track how long it takes to get there.

Only 8 more days til I'm Home!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

sillyspook13

The wait time cards are different. They're scanned twice: once as you enter the queue at an attraction/restaurant and again as you board the attraction/recieve your food.

The ones in question are handed out as the ride operator asks how many guests are in your party. They hand the number of cards based on how many elephants the party will take up, one per elephant. For example, a party of four would get two cards, as they would be seated in two elephants. If the party then spread out as 2x1x1, for example, somebody wouldn't have a card and another party would have to wait for the next available elephant. Just a simple way of catching guests in the act of lying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom