Yak & Yeti OR Nine Dragons..and WHY

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I prefer Yak and Yeti. The food is more unique, as is the decor/setting.

Nine Dragons is good, and I enjoyed it, but it felt like a garishly themed local Chinese restaurant with food to match (I live very close to a huge Asian immigrant community, so good authentic Chinese / Korean / Vietnamese is not difficult to find here)...

Plus, Yak and Yeti has lettuce wraps!

MickeyPeace

I love Yak and Yeti. Food is good and theme is excellent. I don't really think of it as Chinese food. More Asian influence. Definitely worth going to.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Yak & Yeti. I have yet to try something there that wasn't very good. Now that they've messed up lunch at Tusker House by making it a character meal, we'll probably be doing lunch twice @ Y&Y when we're at the World in Dec.

Aiyake

Yak and Yeti, definitely. While Nine Dragons isn't bad, it's pretty typical Chinese food you could get for half the price back home. Yak and Yeti has some good menu items, more pan-Asian which I prefer, and the friend wonton dessert is delicious. I think the decor is way cooler too.

I did appreciate the Chinese lessons from our server at Nine Dragons though, it was interesting although my entire family was terrible at it lol.

Tinkerbella16

I would also choose Yak & Yeti over Nine Dragons. The choices are far superior at Y&Y in my opinion! Like someone else said, they are more unique and not so generalized.

Dad 2 M & M

Yak & Yeti is mine and my youngest M 2nd fav in the World. Many in this thread have suggested Nine Dragons is typical with what you could get back home; I say it only compares to average back home.

Yak & Yeti has unique appetizers, entrees, as well as desserts; all being well above average. I would agree with Wdwprince's Asian influence description....well said.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
OK gonna decide on one of these 2 for our Chinese fix. Been to Both...which one would you pick and why.

I have been to both and this is a tough one! We really like them both. But I think I go with Yak and Yeti on this one for logistics. There are so many more amazing places to dine at Epcot that Nine Dragons gets pushed down the list. And at AK, there are not as many choices. So we always hit up Yak and Yeti at AK. But seriously - for taste and atmosphere - this is a pretty close tie.

Bethypoo

I haven't tried Nine Dragons, but the chicken lo mein at Y&Y was soooo yummy. I loved how the stir-fried noodles tasted and the carrots still had some crunch to them. I'll be going back next time. I want some right now. :(

JIMINYCR

Yak & Yeti. In my opinion, a much better meal for your money. Having eaten at both, I believe Y&Y gives a better portion and they have more menu selections to choose from. Better tasting desert selection too. Y&Y dining area I feel is quieter and you don't have the occasional bird flying into the dining area like I have seen at 9 dragons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom