Yacht or Beach

Hi everyone. We are going to WDW 12/07/08 to 12/12/08. I can't decide on the Yacht or Beach Club resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all !

JustPlainBill

I can't say much about the BC, we stayed at the YC last June and had a great stay. By comparison we also stayed at the Poly concierge the following week. We felt our "water view" YC room was superior to the Poly concierge room we stayed in and we enjoyed our stay there more. Between the BC/YC I know there is a slight theme difference (beach vs. boat) but from what I'm told there is no real difference in regards to quality or service. We did seem to gravitate to the BC restaurants over the ones at the YC. I've heard people say that the YC is a little (even if it's slight) more upscale but I couldn't tell you if it is true. I would definately stay there again. Our 2008 trip will be spent at the Contemporary, our overall favorite. The BC & YC share the pool which was probably the best pool I've ever seen. If you have little kids keep a close eye on them, the area is very twisty/turny with a lot of obstructions and you can lose sight of them very easily.

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

Beach is a little closer to Epcot. Beach is a basically themed to small seaside resorts of the early 1900s. Think Jersey shore.
Yacht is themed to be be a little more upscale, and is more of an old late 1800s New England seaside resort.

Both are great resorts, the choice is basically over which theme you like better. Upscale and stately, or more laid back and 'on the beach'. The amenities are basically the same, except for the slightly shorter walk to Epcot.

Upvote 0

beachclubfan

Both resorts share most of the amenities. The pool is just amazing. I guess it comes down to what theme you like better. Like the others have said, the beachclub is a little closer to Epcot.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We've been to both and loved both. You can't go wrong with either. The only negative is that self-park stinks - it's always a long walk.

While BC is closer to Epcot, YC is closer to the boat launch for DHS.
While BC has a better gift shop (more food!), YC is closer to the rental boats.

These are such minor differences that it may come down to theming for you.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Our DVC home resort is the Beach CLub, as all the above posters have stated their are few differences as stated above. We really love the Beach Club, inmy opinionit is muchmore kid friendly. The Yacht seems a little more upscale even in the pool area, it seems more kids and stuff on the Beach side. Maybe because thats where the waterslide is, it just seems that way to us. We have eaten over at the Yacht and it was good, but we prefer Cape may and Peaches and Cream.

As far as the walk is concerned, its not a factor really at all, unless you have some issue where walking may be in an issue. It may save a minute or two either way deciding at where your going to the launch or Epcot.

As far as the parking goes we always valet if we have a rental, but as DVC members we don't have to pay, but I can see how the self park lot can be far for the non DVC villas. Its a little closer for the DVC villas as you can park pretty much park right next to the building so its not that bad.

Upvote 0

memouse

The YC's decor is very dark--lots of dark woods and colors. The BC, on the other hand, has very light colored decor--lots of creamy whites and blues. However, it's basically the same resort. The BC rooms also do not all have full balconies. :shrug: I will say that it is nice having the BC Marketplace in the gift shop for a quick snack or breakfast. :p The gelato is to die for!:slurp: Last July, we stayed at the BWI, not thinking that we would like it as well but were pleasantly surprised and loved it. :sohappy: My kids (6 &13) actually liked the pool better than SAB.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom