Yacht or Beach Club?

MRGEFF

So the Beach Club is closer to Epcot than the Yacht Club by what, 300 feet?
We just got back from the YC and with all the walking you do at WDW what's a couple extra steps to Epcot.
By the way, we had a FABULOUS room (3001) facing Crescent lake and BW. We were able to watch Illumination fireworks from our balcony. We certainly noticed more kiddos in BC than YC.

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at YC last November. We picked it because we preferred the lobby décor and were worried we wouldn't get a full balcony at BC. We had younger children with us and didn't feel out of place at YC.

That being said, we won't be returning to YC. I'm sure our experiences are the exception and not the rule, but we had a number of negative experiences at YC. My dad even popped in there on our recent trip (Sept 2013) ...maybe it's just crazy coincidence or dumb luck, but he got a YC CM who gave him bad info. On the flipside, the CMs at BC were awesome every single time we popped over there. There definitely was more chaos in the lobby- possibly because of Cape May breakfast, but if I had the ability to go back and redo the trip, I would definitely choose BC over YC.

danpam1024

Yacht- I celebrated my 21st there and it holds a special place for me. It feels much more "classy" and "refined". BUT they don't have the DVC and we love the extra space. You get the same great pool so either way, you can't lose right?

col

Yacht Club! I love the YC it's so different to the BC. The BC is so loud with kids whereas the YC doesn't have that problem. Even though the YC doesn't have a food court it is close to the BW and about a 2 minute walk to the BC marketplace. It's also a short walk/boat ride to EPCOT and DHS. Also the YC has such a lovely smell, I don't know what it is but if they bottled it up and sold it I'd buy it haha.

Allie_Marie

I like the Beach Club better. I think the Yacht Club is too dark in the color scheme for me. Don't get me wrong it's still beautiful but my personality is more bright and I like vibrant colors!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom