Yacht or Beach Club?

mbaker1277

We would like to stay at a different Epcot resort on our upcoming WDW vacation in Januarary. We have stayed at the BWI the past 3 visits, and we absolutely LOVED it, but we want to try something new, so we are torn between the Yact or Beach Clubs.
We will be traveling with our 7 yr. old daughter, and will be staying for 1 week. Also, I have Celiac and Crohn's disease and would like to know how hard is it to find fresh fruits and salads at either location(this will be my first out of 37 trips that I have been to WDW since being diagnosed.).
Any input as to why you might favor one resort over the other would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

vilegirl

The resorts are very similar, next to one another, and they share the pool Stormalong Bay...so to me it's really just a theming choice. I prefer the BC, but have stayed at both. Basically, you can't go wrong! :)

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

Original Poster
I was under the impression that the room decor was different, the dining was different, that some rooms have smaller balconies, etc... am I wrong? Is there basically no difference between the resorts? Have any of you stayed at both?

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I've stayed at both, and the rooms and balconies are of similar size. The resorts share amenities, and the walk from one resort to the other is very short. BC is more relaxed, while YC is more formal. YC has the fancier restaurants and marina, while the BC has the kids club area and the more general store-like gift shop. You can't go wrong with either; it's more of a preference in theming.

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

The resorts are closer than you might think. I believe they are actually one large building sharing a wall in the middle. Beach Club has lots of pastel colors. Yacht club is more like dark wood.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

There is fresh fruit sold in the gift shop of the Beach Club, I'm not sure about the Yacht Club. Salads are not a problem finding anywhere. One of the best Chicken Caesar Salads on property can be found at Beaches and Cream. The Galley is usually open for lunch, Yachtsman (Steakhouse) opened for dinner and Cape May is opened for the Character Breakfast and Dinner Buffet.

You can walk to Epcot and have access to the restaurants of the World Showcase. It's only about a 5 minute walk to the gate.

The Boardwalk is also a short walk or boat ride to some of the best dining on property.

You can't go wrong with either resort.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

There are different sized balconies, depending on your room. Some are small, but two could stand on it, some are big with tables and chairs. (@ the beach club)

Upvote 0

shelty66

With available food being a priority I would stay in a Cabin at FW. Seperate bedroom for 7 yr. Real Kitchen You need a rental car. I have stayed at every WDW Resort since 1975 WOW 30 Yrs experence. If you want more info send a email to shelty66.

Upvote 0

Fantasmic!329

I've stayed at both- and preferred Beach Club.
Finding fresh fruits probably won't be too tricky, by either going to Beaches & Cream, or over to the Screen Door at the Boardwalk.
(Sorry if this has been mentioned- haven't read the other posts.)

Upvote 0

JKovach

Account Suspended
Hopefully at this point and with similar threads (i'm not blaming you, threads die and I myself choose not to search when it is easy to start my own!) on this matter I think I have made my point perfectly clear... hopefully people know where I am going with this, if not... I suppose I have not made my mark yet on here... :(

Anyways... here's what I say:

BEACH CLUB!!!

I love the beach club... it is my second all time favorite resort I have EVER stayed at, and I have been lucky enough and fortunate enough to stay at many hotels in many locations; the Westin on Maui in Hawaii is my favorite (I've stayed at three places in Hawaii) and... Westin is the only one I think is better than the Beach Club

I have also stayed at almost every resort in Disney, basically except for Port Orleans, GF, Contemporary, and then the Swan and Dophlins... oh and the new Saratoga Springs, besides that i've stayed everywhere else...

The Yacht is very very nice, but there is something to the Beach Club which just stays with me... unfortunately since I'm a 20 year old kid and I'm going with my girlfriend... we cannot afford to stay there, but I personally think its the nicest hotel in Disney, and second nicest I have ever stayed at... well second favorite (hawaii hotels are ALL gorgeous!)

:king:

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

Original Poster
We are already going to alternate between a MK area resort and an Epcot area resort, so I wouldn't want to change for a 3rd time to split between the YC&BC. It seems like most people overwhelmingly like the BC better. From the photos I have seen of the resort rooms I tend to like the decor of the YC better, But I need ease getting around the resort and good in-resort dining options. Honestly, for my disease, a value or moderate food court offers more choices, but we are deluxe resort people, especially the Epcot resort area.
Do you think a waterview is a better option at either, or would a standard do fine?

Upvote 0

GenerationX

My wife and I both preferred the YC to the BC, and the kids didn't care. As for the view: when we had a standard view, we couldn't see much of anything from the balcony, but it was quiet. When we had a water view, we looked out over StormAlong Bay and the Boardwalk, which was more picturesque, but louder. If we had to make the decision again, we'd go with the water view.

Upvote 0

JKovach

Account Suspended
mbaker1277 said:
We are already going to alternate between a MK area resort and an Epcot area resort, so I wouldn't want to change for a 3rd time to split between the YC&BC. It seems like most people overwhelmingly like the BC better. From the photos I have seen of the resort rooms I tend to like the decor of the YC better, But I need ease getting around the resort and good in-resort dining options. Honestly, for my disease, a value or moderate food court offers more choices, but we are deluxe resort people, especially the Epcot resort area.
Do you think a waterview is a better option at either, or would a standard do fine?

If you have the money to spend and it really is money that you later feel you'll need... go waterview, absolutely. It is a VERY nice view I must say. You can get lucky and get some pretty decent views with standard, but to be guarenteed something nice... ya gotta go Waterview.

The BC and the YC are honestly built like... identically... very similar. The YC is a little more formal LOOKING, you still will see little kids running around and such other things to prove its not like extremely formal... but it in general looks more formal. I think the BC makes you feel more at ease... more relaxed and at the same time... like you're having more fun. Cape May's Cafe is a great place to have a character's breakfast, i love it! The Yachtsman Galley is also great and a lot better for dinner. They are similar places to eat, though, and if you are staying at the BC, getting to the YC is not a problem, and vice versa...

As for the menus... all I can say is go to www.allearsnet.com and look at the menus and what they have to fit your needs.

Either way you cannot go wrong, but I always feel a little more relaxed AND a little more like im having fun in the Beach Club... its a terrific resrot but they are very similar.

Good luck to you!

:king:

Upvote 0

JKovach

Account Suspended
I am sorry, I did not look at what your dietary needs were... i got confused with someone else who had a similar question and they had more of a sit down meal... nutrional need... I'm sorry that was rude of me not to double check.

For what I remember, and hopefully I am correct, Cape May's does definitely have fresh fruit, I know if you choose to eat dinner there you can get a nice salad which should serve your needs. Also in the mornings I believe Beaches and cream might have fresh fruit (can someone back me up here?)

At the Galley... we never actually ate there, but I am sure you'll be able to find some fresh fruit there too, and a nice salad.

Sorry for not double checking, goodluck again to you!

Upvote 0

taholden

We stayed in several differnent room types in both hotels and liked them all. The gift / general store inside the BC has fresh fruit, a deli, gelato, groceries and everything else you could need.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom