Yacht Club vs Beach Club - is there really a difference?

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is concierge? Is that just Club Level where you dont really get a better room but you get extras like complimentary breakfast, etc?
It's essentially club level -- separate elevator key access, complimentary breakfast, lunch, dinner, cordials, private concierge desk, and of course all of this is at a higher price.

OneofThree

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is concierge? Is that just Club Level where you dont really get a better room but you get extras like complimentary breakfast, etc?

Yes. I've yet to stay at BW myself, but all indications seem to be that the CL lounge there is something special.

OneofThree

Another question about Boardwalk. Is there direct access from the hotel to the Boardwalk or do you need to walk around from the front? Just curious is all.

There are a number egress points from the hotel directly onto the boardwalk itself. In terms of the lobby alone, on one side are doors from the resort entrance, with the doors onto the boardwalk directly opposite that.

surfsupdon

As a Yacht & Beach snob, I can assure you there are differences as mentioned, despite their similarities.

Beach Club is a deluxe Resort marketed to families. The color palette and character breakfast are examples. That character breakfast is the main reason why that lobby is usually crowded, loud, and packed with strollers and overtired kids. Yacht is marketed as more adult oriented, for couples, and conventioneers.
Their gift shop has high end Resort wear (TommyBahama and Polo) whereas Beach’s has more Disney swag.

Yacht lake views open up right to Crescent Lake, just beyond manicured lawns and a wooden boardwalk. Beach water views are much further from the lake and over look Stormalong Bay, which includes a massive pool deck, Hanna’s, and lots of shade trees. Beach feels further removed from the lake, but Yacht is as close as you can get.

I like playing tennis. Yacht has the court.

Beach has the Solarium, a beautiful spot to eat or just hang and relax.

Yacht has full balconies for all.

I think both are terrific Resorts, with great Cast, so enjoy your trip. Let us know where you decide.

surfsupdon

Yes. I've yet to stay at BW myself, but all indications seem to be that the CL lounge there is something special.
The BW Lounge is very nice. It is a cathedraled ceiling large room with terrific views over towards the Eiffel Tower just past manicured gardens. Large, spacious, and well appointed. Many lounges are a result of a remodel that took away existing guest rooms, but this lounge was designed to be a lounge and it shows. It’s our favorite Club Level.

joejccva71

Original Poster
So I changed my reservation from Yacht Club to Boardwalk. Beach Club was sold out of the Sun and Fun Offer deal for my 5/13-5/21 trip dates so I went with Boardwalk. I ended up cancelling the Yacht Club because I very strongly disagree with having dogs in a deluxe resort like this. I don't think it's a very smart idea. When I called Disney and asked about this, they said they have a special wing for only the dog rooms and dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk at all. I told them that I literally just saw a video that was only a month old of a couple walking their dog right on the main boardwalk entrance to the Yacht Club resort.

She said that what I was saying was impossible. I then asked about how they enforce dogs barking while their guests were away at the parks. She said that they can't enter the rooms if dogs are barking, but they notify the guests if it happens. I asked if the guests actually come back FROM A PARK to tend to their dog and how this was enforced. She told me she could not provide me that information.

This may sound like I'm being a snob but I am spending $500-600 a night just on a resort. I absolutely refuse to hear dogs barking in a hotel room or even in a lobby or worse in the middle of the night. Like I said, if it wasn't dishing out a ton of money I would not care. I just do not see Disney giving their guests who have dogs on property an extremely hard time about their dogs. I forsee them letting alot of things slide and it's very unfortunate. Not everyone wants dogs at their resort vacation that they're dishing out a ton of money for.

I understand dog lovers may be mad at me for my above comments, and sorry if I offend anyone. I think this is a huge mistake by Disney. Leave your dogs at home while you're on vacation. Just saying.

Anyways, so I booked the Boardwalk with a Water View. Looking forward to it.

Captain Barbossa

So I changed my reservation from Yacht Club to Boardwalk. Beach Club was sold out of the Sun and Fun Offer deal for my 5/13-5/21 trip dates so I went with Boardwalk. I ended up cancelling the Yacht Club because I very strongly disagree with having dogs in a deluxe resort like this. I don't think it's a very smart idea. When I called Disney and asked about this, they said they have a special wing for only the dog rooms and dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk at all. I told them that I literally just saw a video that was only a month old of a couple walking their dog right on the main boardwalk entrance to the Yacht Club resort.

She said that what I was saying was impossible. I then asked about how they enforce dogs barking while their guests were away at the parks. She said that they can't enter the rooms if dogs are barking, but they notify the guests if it happens. I asked if the guests actually come back FROM A PARK to tend to their dog and how this was enforced. She told me she could not provide me that information.

This may sound like I'm being a snob but I am spending $500-600 a night just on a resort. I absolutely refuse to hear dogs barking in a hotel room or even in a lobby or worse in the middle of the night. Like I said, if it wasn't dishing out a ton of money I would not care. I just do not see Disney giving their guests who have dogs on property an extremely hard time about their dogs. I forsee them letting alot of things slide and it's very unfortunate. Not everyone wants dogs at their resort vacation that they're dishing out a ton of money for.

I understand dog lovers may be mad at me for my above comments, and sorry if I offend anyone. I think this is a huge mistake by Disney. Leave your dogs at home while you're on vacation. Just saying.

I'm a dog lover and not offended at all. I understand what you're saying and agree all the way. If I were paying $500-600 a night, I wouldn't want to hear any dogs barking either.

surfsupdon

Boardwalk water view is terrific!! Some of the best lake views on property, with the boardwalk right below you and the beauty of yacht in the distance. Enjoy!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I find YC to be a quieter experience, more relaxed, BC to be a little bit louder - some of that has to do with the fact that Cape May Cafe is on the BC lobby.

Also, I believe all YC rooms have full balconies, there are some BC rooms that have no balconies or 1 person standing balconies.
My wife and I have stayed at both many times and this would be the main difference we see. YC tends to be more quiet. Both have refurbed rooms and are great but we like YC more because the hardwood floors and design of the room. IMO, you cant go wrong with either.

Starlight67

Who's brilliant idea was this? If I was spending $100 a night, i wouldn't really care as much, but I'm spending $500-600 a night and I don't want to hear dogs barking, or have an owner not pick up their dog poop. The resort said there are designated areas where people are only allowed to walk their dogs in. That doesn't happen.

Agree. Bad idea. I'm a dog, cat, hamster, etc. lover...but dogs at REALLY expensive resorts... ugh.

Wondering the Disney thought process on this one. Were they NOT filling the YC rooms? Was there some conversation around, 'hmmm I know a market we need to tap into....dog owners.'

For years haven't dog owners ALREADY been visiting Disney-and leaving their dogs at home? No one I know with a dog has EVER said, 'Gee I'd like to go to Disney but I can't, I have a dog.' It's more like, 'we're going to Disney in July, can you take care of Barkley?' And for those who feel the need to bring Barkley along, there is (or at least used to be) a kennel at Disney.

I get that there is a specific dog wing...but totally agree it is unlikely that Disney will enforce rules about approved areas to walk dogs. And what would the consequence be for doing so anyway? They are certainly not going to kick a guest who is dropping tons of $$$$ into Disney pockets out of the parks. If anything it will be a lame reminder of the approved dog walk areas. I am sure the approved areas are made crystal clear at the outset. The dog owners who feel they are above the rules and that they don't apply to them will just continue walking their best pals along the boardwalk anyway.:rolleyes:

I think Disney missed the mark on this one-I imagine the first dog bite incident will have them re-thinking....:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom