Yacht Club room view??

Jenngusto

Hi all :)
I am currently set up for a King bed room at Port Orleans Riverside (POR) for December 9-16,2008 with my husband. but we are both enchanted with the Yacht Club and are thinking of upgrading for the first time to a deluxe resort! YAY :sohappy:

But what type of room should we book and what type of room requests should we put in for? I am not so concerned about a water view but we do not want a view of the parking lot so I am not sure if we should book standard or water view. It seems like the water view is a lot of $ just for a view but how likely do you think it is that we will end up with a view of the parking lot with a standard? And how many people have been assigned the Murphy bed-type rooms (where the bed goes up in the wall)? Were these rooms small and crowded as I have read about on other boards?

We are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary and my birthday while we are there and I want it to be special. :kiss:

Thanks all!
~ Jenn :wave:

Emberlene

I have stayed in one of the Murphy Bed rooms at the Yacht Club about 8 years ago. I'm not sure if they have changed since then but it was smaller than the normal room but actually kind of cozy to us. There were only two of us and we had plenty of room. The bed was comfortable. I would stay in one again if they haven't changed.

Our view was a parking lot view however.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

You'll be suprised how much you will love the water view. Be carefull on upgrading. We swore we'd only do it once, and now can't go back to the mods:lol:

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Original Poster
Thank you both so much for the info.:wave:

I have heard of people not being able to go back once they upgrade - what a HORRIBLE illness. LOL :lol: I'm sureit can be an expensive habit. :drevil:
But it sounds like it will be worth it. :)

Upvote 0

Lauraldove29

my family and i stayed for our first deluxe resort last summer at the beach club next door to the yatch club and we were upgraded upon check in to a pool view room that was so good we would never go again without paying the extra cost. we were in room 3681 and could see the pool , the walkway to the resturants and the arcade. we has two teenage boys with us that year our son and his friend an dwe could see them go from place to place from our full sized balcony. it was perfect. Plus it was nice to sit out there in the eveing and have a late night dinner from room service under the stars on the balcony and near the pool late at night it is lite up so beautifully. if you can afford it it is well worth it. we are going back in septemeber for two weeks and are hoping to get the same room.:wave:

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Be carefull on upgrading. We swore we'd only do it once, and now can't go back to the mods:lol:

I have heard of people not being able to go back once they upgrade - what a HORRIBLE illness. LOL :lol: I'm sureit can be an expensive habit. :drevil:
But it sounds like it will be worth it. :)

So true. We started out at the Poly, then tried the mods for a while, then went back to the deluxes, with a few values sprinkled in here and there.

Now we are DVC. Started out in the studios, then went to the 1 BRs. I will have a real problem going back to studio or a moderate again. I think I could rough it in a deluxe if need be.:drevil:

Upvote 0

palmage

Our last water view room should have been called a tree view room.
There was a giant tree right in front of our balcony and we couldn't see any water except a little bit of the pool.

Upvote 0

hansel1

I would suggest to you that the view really doesn't matter at the yacht club. The atmosphere and location of the resort more than makes up for whatever view you get.

On the flip side of the upgrade discussion, POR king bed rooms are great. You wont have a balcony like the deluxe resorts have but POR is my favorite moderate resort. It's beautiful and spread out with plenty of ammenities.

You really can't go wrong with either resort.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Careful with your water views...

If you can see a puddle from your window out of the corner of your eye, they consider that a water view.

I don't have an Unofficial Guide on me, but I know that they list some of the best rooms at the Yacht Club.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom