Yacht Club Room Type?

surfsupdon

Dude... if you're a Deluxe Snob, own it. I am/do. Woods/Garden are better than Standard. Our last stay at the YC was standard, which overlooked the roof just above the Portico. We were upgraded to water view by the grace of a manager who made sure our rooms were connecting, not just adjoining.
Proud Deluxe snob here. Ha.

Willmark

Original Poster
Dude... if you're a Deluxe Snob, own it. I am/do. Woods/Garden are better than Standard. Our last stay at the YC was standard, which overlooked the roof just above the Portico. We were upgraded to water view by the grace of a manager who made sure our rooms were connecting, not just adjoining.

I'm not. When I posted this people were going off about the Skyliners in another thread and how anyone who was staying and the Deluxes in the area were snobs due to the "little people" who will be deposited near the International Gate. Literally people were incensed by the thought of people wanting to keep one of the few benefits that staying at a Deluxe provides.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not. When I posted this people were going off about the Skyliners in another thread and how anyone who was staying and the Deluxes in the area were snobs due to the "little people" who will be deposited near the International Gate. Literally people were incensed by the thought of people wanting to keep one of the few benefits that staying at a Deluxe provides.
Yeah, that's a shame. To me, it's not their social status that's the problem. It's the sheer numbers of additional people trying to enter IG. Hopefully, they'll have an "Epcot Area Resort Guest" lane or two, like they do for AP's... that would keep some of the YC location perk alive without infringing on everybody's right to enter at the IG.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Stayed on the Beach Club side last month and was upgraded to a water view instead of garden view. I will definitely go with the water view next time I stay at YC/BC
We had one on our last stay -- overlooking SAB. We'll request away from SAB next time... it was kind of loud even into the late evening.

CLEtoWDW

Back in 2015 we stayed at the Yacht Club CL and had a “standard view.” The view was partially of the courtyard area and was just ok. However, during our trip the club area was under refurbishment so they made the Presidential Suite the temporary club area. That was by far the best view of Illuminations I’ve ever had outside of EPCOT. The rotunda (dining room) sits just on the edge of the resort facing the lagoon and gives an almost completely unobstructed view of Illuminations. Naturally, I’ll prbably never step foot in the suite again (although one can dream right?).

DISR

I booked a garden view and got upgraded to a water view. The water view we had also happened to have a good view of Illuminations fireworks. It was great when the kids were too tired to be out in the evening to have a drink and watch fireworks from the balcony. That said, I don't think there is any way to guarantee that view. Bottom line is that I wouldn't pay for an upgraded view, but we did get lucky. I'll also throw out there that the newly renovated Yacht Club rooms are the best designed hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Tons of storage, USB outlets, lighting etc. Disney really got this one right. I agree that theming is somewhat bland in comparison to WL or AKL, but the location is good and the room design is outstanding. There are always pros/cons to any resort choice.

Willmark

Original Poster
We ended up on the 3rd floor near the quiet pool. In the photo above were off to the right facing to the left.

Did not put in a room request but pleased with the location: nice and quiet.

Willmark

Original Poster
I'll also throw out there that the newly renovated Yacht Club rooms are the best designed hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Tons of storage, USB outlets, lighting etc. Disney really got this one right. I agree that theming is somewhat bland in comparison to WL or AKL, but the location is good and the room design is outstanding. There are always pros/cons to any resort choice.
Co-signed and confirmed the rooms are well designed.

surfsupdon

Have fun. I love that wing by the quiet pool. And the side elevator is right there, as is direct access to the quiet pool and lake side path.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom