Yacht Club Room Type?

Willmark

Original Poster
Being a filthy member of the Patrician social strata, the family and I are staying at the Yacht Club in early December. *

We currently have a Woods or Garden view room. For those that have stayed at YC is it worth it to upgrade? We don’t tend to spend a lot of time in the room... don’t see the point of club level.

We picked YC based on location most of all. Previously we’ve stayed at the moderates and have good rooms with good views but it’s not usually high on the list.

Thoughts?

* note: tongue and cheek due to several threads with undercurrents of this leaking through,

laben594

When we stayed at the Yacht Club we literally had a view of the parking lot, and it was still great. The room was fantastic and we honestly were not in the room long enough to care about the view. I would say stick with the room you got- the treat of Yacht & Beach is being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Enjoy!

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Totally agree. I am staying at the Yacht Club in August and have a Garden View. If you aren't staying in the room long, then your view isn't that important. The nice perk of the YC versus the BC is that all balconies are full size. :D I do love to drink tea on the balcony in the morning.

OneofThree

Being a filthy member of the Patrician social strata, the family and I are staying at the Yacht Club in early December. *

We currently have a Woods or Garden view room. For those that have stayed at YC is it worth it to upgrade? We don’t tend to spend a lot of time in the room... don’t see the point of club level.

We picked YC based on location most of all. Previously we’ve stayed at the moderates and have good rooms with good views but it’s not usually high on the list.

Thoughts?

* note: tongue and cheek due to several threads with undercurrents of this leaking through,

We've only stayed YC once -this past December. We booked garden view, but were upgraded to CL with a parking lot view (5178). TBH, we're not the sort to spend a whole lot of time in the room so the view really was a non-issue. I guess that's a good thing, because we had an enormous shared balcony with a fabulous view -of the YC bus stop. :D

surfsupdon

If you have the garden view it is impossible to view the least desirable parking lot. You will look over manicured gardens or the wooded area and pond in the far wing closest to their quiet pool. You might even get a glimpse of Crescent Lake through some trees or at a right angle.

Love Yacht, really one of the BEST. Enjoy.

PeakSeason

I've stayed at YC 4 times. All 4 times we stayed on the 5th floor which is club level, but I think the views are the same in terms of what the rooms look out upon. 3 times we had garden view and loved it. Our view was of the gazebo that holds weddings. It could be noisy in the morning if there was an early wedding taking place. It's also a little strange to be sitting on the balcony in a nightgown sipping morning coffee in full view of wedding attendees. The view was lovely though, gardens and partial water (Crescent Lake), in addition to the gazebo. We had a standard room once, and I hated it. We were overlooking a backstage or service area and it was very noisy 24/7. It was also ugly to look at. I no longer choose standard view anywhere. I should add, we do spend a lot of time at the resort.

surfsupdon

That’s our favorite spot to request @PeakSeason in the dozen+ times we have been at Yacht. We pay for the Lake View but request the wing that overlooks the gazebo and Epcot fireworks. Aside from Illuminations, we have seen Mickey and Minnie at weddings, along with harpists, Cinderella’s carriage, mini horses, and even Cruella. You never know what those weddings can bring! It’s fun. We are Resort people too....it’s just not all theme parks for us.

Willmark

Original Poster
We are usually back at our resort by 12 then head back out at 4 for dinner. Lots of drinking to be had at the pool bar.

jaklgreen

We actually prefer garden view rooms at all of the resorts. It is peaceful to look out over the trees or grounds rather then a busier area like the pool. To me it is crazy to pay extra to hear all of the activity at the pool.

HouCuseChickie

When we stayed at YC in 2012- we had a garden/woods view. We wound up with a corner room at the far end of the resort (far = Dolphin side). We had a view of the quiet pool off of our patio and a view of the woods and some of the little tributary off of the lake on the other side of the room. I'm personally not one for view upgrades. I kind of liked our quiet little corner of the resort on non-park days, but hated trekking there pretty much every other day. So, all I'd do is request a more centrally located room.

View from back patio...

8224988639_b0509fa91b_z.jpg

View from side of room...

8224992547_ddaed71cba_z.jpg

surfsupdon

I got home yesterday from WDW and stayed at Yacht Club with Garden view. This was the view from room 3087. We were by the wedding pavilion, we also could watch illuminations on our balcony
View attachment 326104
That is hands down the best wing at the Yacht Club. Overlooking the wedding gazebo you get manicured gardens and potential weddings to watch. We’ve seen mini ponies, characters of all sorts, live music, and carriages. Then the lake is in the distance, Boardwalk too, with Illuminations beyond that. This is the very best that Yacht Club has to offer!!

Plus the quiet pool is directly behind you!

wombat

Thoughts?

Unless you want to spend most of your holiday in one room, there is no point in selecting 'Preferred' options. When on holiday, I only use the room for sleeping and showering

Willmark

Original Poster
Unless you want to spend most of your holiday in one room, there is no point in selecting 'Preferred' options. When on holiday, I only use the room for sleeping and showering
Since I posted this in May...

At this point we’re just going to see what we end up with and go from there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Thoughts?

Dude... if you're a Deluxe Snob, own it. I am/do. Woods/Garden are better than Standard. Our last stay at the YC was standard, which overlooked the roof just above the Portico. We were upgraded to water view by the grace of a manager who made sure our rooms were connecting, not just adjoining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom