Yacht Club or Beach Club?

RickEff

Hi, folks!

Having never stayed at either resort and making this my new place to try out in my December trip, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what (if any) differences there are to the two resorts.

We'll be staying in the resort portion not the DVC portion.

Thanks!

Rick

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi!

They are both excellent choices, and to be honest, I can't really choose between them. They are so similar, sharing the same pool facilities, located on the same site, all the facilities of one are available to the other. To me, it comes down to personal taste of the decor. The BC is more of a laid back style, whilst the YC is a more formal, with its wood decor dominating. I really view them as the same resort, with it being split into 2 sections (much like CBR and Coronado with their different regions)

You really cant go wrong with either.

I am sure others will have their opinions to add too.

Let us know which you choose and how you like it when you get back.

Have a great time! :)

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

ALthough I have not stayed in the rooms there myself (some day!), I can say that the main difference in the resorts is merely in feeling. I believe the rooms are identical in layout and size. The Yacht Club has a bit more refined feeling. Beach Club is more relaxed. Really, you won't go wrong with either choice.

Upvote 0

reptar77

We have stayed at both several times. The beach club has more children traffic in the halls and lobby. Cape may is also at the BC. The yatch club has a more elegant appearance and has less child traffic but the mousekeeping is horrible. The great thing is no matter what you can use the stromalong pool :)

Upvote 0

Skippy2000

We have stayed at both Yacht and Beach several times each, both regular and concierge levels. Our last stay at Beach was May of this year. Agree with previous posters about the difference in formal "feeling" between the two, with Yacht feeling more "formal." But in our experience that goes beyond decor: we have found the CM's at Beach to be more friendly, the housekeeping to be better, and the overall atmosphere to be warmer and more relaxed. (In our last stay at Yacht, we saw the same dirty dishes in the hall for two days.) Plus, Beach has Art in the lobby as a wonderful Greeter. A CM told us once that the CM's are interchangeable between Y and B, so the seeming attitude difference between the two has puzzled us; it's almost as if when they work on the Yacht side, they're told to act a certain way, and on the Beach side, to "lighten up" or something. And finally, Beach is closer to Epcot - and depending on your room location, that can be a significant difference.

All in all, after 4 stays between the two resorts, we've become total Beach Club fans. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I've stayed at both several times and have to agree with everyone before me. The Yacht Club seems stuffy to me, but the Beach side felt more like a vacation spot.

The best part of it is the pool. It's worth the money to stay there for the pool. Also, the bartenders at the poolside bar are nice with their pours!

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We've stayed at both and loved both. Agree with most of the differences mentioned, although I found the CMs at YC as friendly as those at BC. Other differences, mostly related to proximity:
  • BC has more food at their main store
  • BC is a slightly shorter walk to Epcot
  • YC is closer to the marina and boat to the Studios
  • YC is a shorter walk to the Boardwalk
  • You can see the higher Illuminations fireworks from some YC water view rooms.
One of my goals in putting together a WDW plan is to minimize unnecessary walking. Since the rooms are the same size and the decor is different but fabulous in both, you might look at convenience. The amenities you think you will use more often may help you decide which way to go. Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom