Yacht & Beach Club Birthday Fireworks Cruise?

jstarman

:confused: Yacht & Beach Club Birthday Fireworks Cruise:
Has anyone taken this cruise? If so, could you tell me if you thought it was a good experience and/or worth the money. What exactly do they provide for food? Was the cake any good? How was the view of IllumiNations? Or maybe someone could post links to some vacation reports that include this info.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Havnt taken it yet, but it took days of dialing to get the ressy. Unless you get through as the lines open forget it. Its all about timing and luck:)

Upvote 0

mickeygolfer

My wife booked it for my 50th last year (January). She managed to keep it a suprise until just before we got on the boat and 6 of our friends met us there.

It was a blast! The pontoon boat was decorated with "Happy Birthday banners and baloons and was set up with snacks and soft drinks as well as a to die for cake prepared by the YBC. It was a "chocolate lovers cake" with double chocolate and decorated with a large chocolate Conch shell and chocolate sea shells all around. Without question, the best cake I ever had and we still talk about it over a year later!

After we did a spin around the lagoon and a bunch of folks on the Boardwalk yelled out "Happy Birthday Boat Person" to us. It is expensive but worth it.

If you book, ask for "Captain Scott" he is great and kept us in stitches the whole time., We sailed with him again in April (no Birthday this time).

Once you've seen Illuminations this way it will never be the same.

Upvote 0

jstarman

Original Poster
Thank you guys for the posts. Mickeygolfer, I think you got me sold on the idea. Beachcluber I checked out the links, good stuff. Pumbas Nakasak, when's your cruise scheduled? I was wondering if you'll have a chance to take it and maybe report back before I am 60 days out from when I would like to go.

Once again thanks everyone for the info.:sohappy:

99 days 21 hours and 51 min til Disney time.

WL here we come. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Were not back till Sep 2nd our trip is on the 23rd Aug. if your 60 days out id start to think about making those calls. Oh the info on Dig about calling is spot on.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom