Yacht and Beach - Not for New Englanders?

captainkidd

We're staying at the Yacht Club next month for the 1st time. As excited as I am, I still can't get as pumped as I would if we were staying at the GF.

I was curious - Are there any New Englanders that like the Yacht Club, given that it resembles home so much? Normally, I want to get away from home on vacation.

Master Gracey 5

We've booked the Yacht Club for this winter having never stayed there before. Personally I'm excited, it looks to be a great place and very well done with theming. I'm not concerned with it being "too close to home" at all - I like the idea of the old nautical theme and can't wait to see how they did.

I can see your point on vacation being an escape, but unless you live in an old house with strictly nautical theming, I think you'll still find it an escape. :)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I live in NJ where the Beach Club is supposed to be modeled after. The Yacht and Beach are idealized versions of what they are supposed to be modeled after. They definitely have a more historic than modern feel and try to bring out what a perfect beach resort might be like. It's similar to Disneyland's new orleans square...it is what a dream version of the actual place might be like.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We stayed at one for our honeymoon and the other last month. Both were enjoyable in terms of theming and amenities. It won't be difficult to have a wonderful vacation there in the least. :)

Upvote 0

njDizFan

I love the Y&B and the Boardwalk but being born and bred on the Jersey shore it doesn't seem as magical. Wouldn't be my choice but great resorts.

Upvote 0

westie

As the name incites, it is nautical themed. Is it Bar Harbor? Idk. I've stayed there and enjoyed the location, restaurants, pool and, transportation. I found it a bit loud as we were on the ground floor and subject to "happy feet" running past our door every morning. But, I do not agree that its anywhere remotely close to Disneylands New Orleans Place. Its a resort, its lavish and relaxing. It is not an overly-themed park place with tourist trampling you.

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

I live in NJ where the Beach Club is supposed to be modeled after. The Yacht and Beach are idealized versions of what they are supposed to be modeled after. They definitely have a more historic than modern feel and try to bring out what a perfect beach resort might be like. It's similar to Disneyland's new orleans square...it is what a dream version of the actual place might be like.

I agree with what DisneyInsider said. I am also a Jersey native and live within spitting distance of the quaint towns that the Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk are attempting to imitate. We thoroughly enjoyed the Beach Club and consider it our favorite resort. The feel of the area is very different than what you'd find in, for example, Seaside Heights, Ocean Grove, Wildwood, or Cape May. I don't spend enough time in New England to have an opinion, but I believe you'd still enjoy the resorts. :)

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

4th generation locals to one of the islands off the Jersey Shore. We prefer Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk and stay at them almost exclusively. The area is great, and b/c they take a more historical approach to our area, its awesome to see pictures of bygone times, postcards, videos, and just the overall vibe. We love it there.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I agree with what DisneyInsider said. I am also a Jersey native and live within spitting distance of the quaint towns that the Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk are attempting to imitate. We thoroughly enjoyed the Beach Club and consider it our favorite resort. The feel of the area is very different than what you'd find in, for example, Seaside Heights, Ocean Grove, Wildwood, or Cape May. I don't spend enough time in New England to have an opinion, but I believe you'd still enjoy the resorts. :)

I didn't even think of the Boardwalk in that description. The boardwalk is clearly the idealized version of what the real thing is, considering I have never been to a boardwalk on the Jersey shore that is even close to as nice as Disney's.

Upvote 0

dizzney

I didn't even think of the Boardwalk in that description. The boardwalk is clearly the idealized version of what the real thing is, considering I have never been to a boardwalk on the Jersey shore that is even close to as nice as Disney's.

And having been to the Jersey shore and seen the Boardwalks there I agree that nothing is as nice as Disney's Boardwalk, our favorite resort and DVC home, 35 days and counting until we are home again!

Upvote 0

DisneyNut7578

This time tommorrow, I will be checking into the YC!!!

I've been inside the lobby, that's it. It seemed very "elegant" and nice. I lived in NE for years, and I really don't think it resembled it at all. It more resembled what people think it should be like....Like a Nautica commercial.

Upvote 0

WDW-Fan4Life

I can honestly say that the BW, YC & BC do a nice job interpreting the areas they are modeled after. We have stayed at all three, WL and ALL Stars. Our fav is the BC. Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom