X-Box one no hope to compete?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
http://games.yahoo.com/news/insider-xbox-one-no-hope-lose-generation-console-155124991.html

Most would agree that the console war for this generation of video game systems is far from over… but it may have been over before it even really started. According to comments made by well-known industry insider Ashan Rasheed, who goes by the name “Thuway” on Twitter and video game forum NeoGAF, Sony’s PlayStation 4 is the clear winner in this generation of video game consoles. He also says that will continue to be the case for this entire console generation according to his sources, suggesting that Microsoft did not build its Xbox One with the future in mind.

“Xbox One will be behind all generation, and not buy [sic] some small trivial margin. It will be enough to show up distinctly in exclusives,” Rasheed wrote on Twitter, quoting one of his unnamed industry sources. He continued in a separate tweet, “The PS4 has more left in the tank that will start showing up going forward. It was designed with more forward thinking hardware choices.”

The tweets were picked up on Monday by DualShockers.

Rasheed also noted an instance where Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward asked Microsoft to allow the company’s title Call of Duty: Ghosts access an off-limits portion of the Xbox One’s graphics processor that would have increased performance by 8%. Microsoft reportedly refused. The anecdote is seemingly intended as an example to illustrate Microsoft’s unwillingness to help developers address some of the hardware limitations of the Xbox One console.

Early numbers show that the PlayStation 4 was indeed the clear winner in the early days of the current console war. Microsoft managed to ship 3 million Xbox One units in 2013 while Sony’s PlayStation 4 shipments totaled 4.2 million consoles last year. If Rasheed’s sources are accurate and gamers start to see huge gaps in the quality of exclusive games available for each console, the sales gap we saw in 2013 may indeed grow even wider moving forward.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, Iam not one to believe anything written on Yahoo, but if you read this, and if Microsoft is not letting developers use the full potential of the system, seriously, you can make a valid case the system is indeed doomed.

Is the new X-Box One destined to be a paper weight already?

Jimmy Thick- Microsoft PR nightmare...AGAIN!!!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Looks like that 8% of the video processor being held back will be opened up.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-one-gpu-graphics-speed-upgrade,25869.html#xtor=RSS-998
Correct 8% for kinnect. It's not really freeing it up its just giving the option to Developers. The question comes into play whether they will make it easy for developers to do. :D If I am not mistaken the ps3 had a better release day then the Xbox 360 release period. Many consider the Xbox360 the top console of the last Gen but the ps4 had more raw power. It is to early to tell who will win this generation and this is coming from someone who is currently play Tomb Raider on PS4.

erasure fan1

“Xbox One will be behind all generation, and not buy [sic] some small trivial margin. It will be enough to show up distinctly in exclusives,”
Here is the problem with this type of thinking at this point in time. Sony was well behind last gen until what happened? Sony said "huh, maybe we should focus on games." When the games started to come, they sold some systems and caught up. Microsoft has deep pockets, more so than Sony, so if they want to buy their way to exclusives, they can. If Microsoft sees things getting too out of hand, I would bet this is what they would do.

If history has told us anything, throughout the history of video games, the most powerful system rarely wins. So I would say thats as valid of a prediction as Thuways, right? Point being, this needs a whole lot longer than the few months that have passed to even think of crowning a winner. And even then 1 game can change the fate of system.

erasure fan1

Looks like Microsoft is making the Kinect optional so they can sell the system for $399. Is this a smart move? Not sure. While I think you will sell more systems because of it, you have basically doomed the device for gaming. There is zero chance any developers are going to dump resources into it if they are not sure EVERY system will have it. So now its up to Microsoft to either develop in house, or start throwing money at 3rd parties. I personally am OK with this because the lack of worthy "core" Kinect games has been the problem from the start.

Voxel

Looks like Microsoft is making the Kinect optional so they can sell the system for $399. Is this a smart move? Not sure. While I think you will sell more systems because of it, you have basically doomed the device for gaming. There is zero chance any developers are going to dump resources into it if they are not sure EVERY system will have it. So now its up to Microsoft to either develop in house, or start throwing money at 3rd parties. I personally am OK with this because the lack of worthy "core" Kinect games has been the problem from the start.
I believe that its a bad decision because it comes off as Microsoft backing down esp. when they stated that the Xbox one is the future. Now its just a normal Console. Sadly the argument of no one uses the connect has been proven wrong according to Microsoft's statics. 70% of users used the connect, using on average 150 commands a month. I am afraid this could actually back fire on Microsoft.

erasure fan1

I believe that its a bad decision because it comes off as Microsoft backing down esp. when they stated that the Xbox one is the future. Now its just a normal Console. Sadly the argument of no one uses the connect has been proven wrong according to Microsoft's statics. 70% of users used the connect, using on average 150 commands a month. I am afraid this could actually back fire on Microsoft.
While I agree, if it gets more people to buy the console, it could be a big win too. The key will be what Microsoft does in the next 3 or 4 months to support the Kinect. Now that they are selling the system without it, they need to give the gamers a reason to buy it as an add-on.
Phil Spencer said:
In the long run, I think we'll actually end up with more Xbox Ones with Kinect out there with this strategy
No one likes to be forced to buy something, especially when there is no history of anything worthy to warrent having the device. So if Microsoft truly believes their own words that Kinect is the future, than this is a smart move. Once you prove the devices worth, people will buy it. But if they just give up on it, then I have no doubt they never really planned to take it to its full potential.

Bparso87

I own both consoles but my xbox is on all day long. I think xbox will have staying power but ps will outsell it. Xbox does have better exclusives right now but for how long with the things the playstation is coming out with might hurt.

Voxel

I own both consoles but my xbox is on all day long. I think xbox will have staying power but ps will outsell it. Xbox does have better exclusives right now but for how long with the things the playstation is coming out with might hurt.
I prefer my PlayStation 4 to my One but I would still agree with this. Microsoft needs to treed carefully, titanfall developer have already said that TitanFall 2 will be on playstation and I fear Microsoft might see other follow.

Bparso87

I prefer my PlayStation 4 to my One but I would still agree with this. Microsoft needs to treed carefully, titanfall developer have already said that TitanFall 2 will be on playstation and I fear Microsoft might see other follow.
I agree with you I think I good move from Microsoft would be to buy capcom they already have dead rising but there is some good titles out there with resident evil and street fighter.

Voxel

I agree with you I think I good move from Microsoft would be to buy capcom they already have dead rising but there is some good titles out there with resident evil and street fighter.
Resident Evil if done right could bring back alot of players, we have been waiting years for a proper Resident Evil Game.

Bparso87

Resident Evil if done right could bring back alot of players, we have been waiting years for a proper Resident Evil Game.
I agree but with games like the last of us not sure if RE can keep up and playstation also has h1n1 in development which looks like a good MMO

Voxel

I agree but with games like the last of us not sure if RE can keep up and playstation also has h1n1 in development which looks like a good MMO
I would agree with you, The last of us is so an amazing game. Even beyond that Infamous Second Son was an amazing game

Bparso87

I would agree with you, The last of us is so an amazing game. Even beyond that Infamous Second Son was an amazing game
I give infamous a good 8 not my favorite to be honest there has not been a playstation title that I really like I have mlb coming in tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Voxel

I give infamous a good 8 not my favorite to be honest there has not been a playstation title that I really like I have mlb coming in tomorrow so fingers crossed.
I can see that. I still haven't played Last of Us so I am excited about that, but right now my Wii U has been stealing me away, something about replaying Mario Kart and Wind Waker

Bparso87

I can see that. I still haven't played Last of Us so I am excited about that, but right now my Wii U has been stealing me away, something about replaying Mario Kart and Wind Waker
Man I want a wii u I am just worried about te staying power of it. Ppl can say what they want but it has the best exclusives out out of all the new consoles.

Voxel

Man I want a wii u I am just worried about te staying power of it. Ppl can say what they want but it has the best exclusives out out of all the new consoles.
I am psyched about next year man for the Wii U. Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Bayonetta 2, A Fire Emblem Game, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Bparso87

I am psyched about next year man for the Wii U. Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Bayonetta 2, A Fire Emblem Game, Xenoblade Chronicles X
They can make all the great games but if no one buys it it doesn't matter I think Nintendo should just do games for other consoles r just stick with the ds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom