Wyndham Palace

veludoj

Original Poster
We've booked the Wyndham Palace for a week in mid November. I booked the holiday through Virgin and it was not cheap. I've read some pretty poor reviews on the hotel since I made the reservation - it's not too late to make a change - for the same price we could stay at the Carribean Beach Resort. I've never been to WDW before and I could do with some advise whether to pay the fee to change the reservation or not. Has anyone had any bad experiences at the Wyndham Palace??

tmp

I actually really like the Wyndham Palace. The drawbacks are the obvious ones - not Disney themed, no Disney Transportation. I stayed there three years ago and got a rate of 109/night on hoteldiscounts.com. I not sure I would have paid more then 140/night. The rooms are nice, the view can be great, and the pool is not too shabby at all. It's a really nice hotel. I like the Carribean Beach better, but mainly for theming and transportation reasons. You can walk to Downtown Disney if that means anything to you. I personally like it much better then Coronado Springs. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Just to add something - on the Disney site the Carribean is between 133-148/night in November and when I searched on hoteldiscounts.com the Wyndham Palace was 209/night. If this is the case it is a no brainer go with the Disney magic - go with the Carribean!

DisneyJedi

My wife and I stayed here the last night of our honeymoon. We booked it through priceline.com for a single night in May 2001. We were put off to the hotel and would think real hard about ever staying there again. I dunno if it is because we encountered the wrong shift or if it was because we got our hotel for such a great deal through priceline that the hotel felt obligated to treat us like 2nd class citizens. The desk people at the hotel were rude and stared down me and my wife. We were dressed in shorts and T-shirts, exhausted from enjoying the parks all week while every other person we saw in the hotel was dressed casual or better. We got the 'evil eye' from both desk personal and those better-dressed than we. I didn't expect that at all.. didn't know we had to look all fancy to stay at a hotel of this caliper (what are they.. 3* or 4*?, anyway.. the highest *-rated we had ever stayed at).

So first we felt scutinized. Then I asked the front desk about the complimentary basket of goodies that priceline and the Wyndham website mentioned (for any room) and got a snappy response we'd get one. There was nothing in the room. I called downstairs politely asking about it and they said they would hurry one up. 3 hours later no one came, so we went out to dinner and did some souvenir shopping. After we came back a couple hours later we did find the gift basket which consisted of a tiny bag of pretzels and a bottle of water. Maybe that is the standard gift basket, I dunno.

My advice if you stay at this hotel is to dress casually and don't bother with the gift basket. Of course maybe nicer employees work there today. Just thought I would weigh in our experience. Good luck.

SafariGuy

I stayed here recently & liked the hotel very much. They have a nice pool area and lobby & the hotel is across the street from Downtown Disney (quite convenient if you spend a lot of time there in the evenings).

My only gripe with the Wyndham is the high prices for food. They have several nice sit-down restaurants & bars, but you're looking at a minimum of $18-20 for a basic cheeseburger or sandwich. The breakfast buffet is also pushing $20 per person. No doubt this is a reflection of the hotel's many business travelers using expense accounts, but it would've been nice to have a simple food court where you could grab something quick & cheap.

Daveyboy

Buses from Downtown Disney

Hi, We are staying at the grosvenor
in the village, Can you get a bus faster to the parks from Downtown Disney or should I drive, or take the hotel bus.
Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom