WWYD, flight concerns

ceecee101

Ok, we just got back from a wedding we had to fly to. Should’ve taken 3 hours, took 15. First plane on tarmac 2 hours, plane can’t be fixed, deplane, reschedule, much later flight. Then connection was delayed and delayed and delayed. Hours. Given me some anxiety about our trip to WDW in November, especially since we haven’t been in 13 years and it is a trip involving some milestones For us.
right now we fly from West Coast, no direct flights from our city, but just 1 stop. It’s a Monday. We leave at 6:30 am, connection now leaves an hour later than original flight so instead Of arriving at MCO at 3:30 we arrive at 4:30. We will likely carry on. We will Uber/Lyft or taxi to hotel (Swan). That night is extra hours at Epcot and F&W. made a reservation at Epcot. Plan to go straight to Epcot, eat at F&W and do a ride or two, watch fireworks. All of this is assuming that we have NO flight glitches. Then our last day at WDW our flight returning to the West Coast doesn’t leave MCO until 3:30 pm. However we will have used up all our park ticket days by this time and thus have no reservations. We will be at the CR at the end of our trip so thought we might spend the morning monorail resort hopping for some shopping and eats.
after our flight disaster this week wondering about other options and would love input.
1. Fly out the day before if we can rearrange our flights And petsitter. Would probably put us in late due to time change. Maybe stay at an airport hotel? Keep Epcot reservation for the following day. Add on expense of another hotel night and any costs to change flights.
2. Stick it out as is and hope for the best. Landing at 4:30 puts us into hotel and over to Epcot at like 6-7? Epcot open until 11 for us.
3. stick it out as is with flights but cancel Epcot reservation and just eat at Swan. Then see if we can get a reservation for there or MK for the morning of our last day since our flight doesn’t leave until 3:30. Which means we need to leave WDW via Uber at 12:30-1?
Other ideas? This is all mid-November the week before Thanksgiving Week. After spending 15 hours getting someplace that should’ve take 3 this week makes me concerned about flight situation.
thanks.

Weather_Lady

Have you investigated the reliability of each flight you're considering, using FlightAware or a similar site? Sometimes that can be a big help.

As a general rule though, I'd build in some extra time (flying out a day early, departing a day before you need to be home) at each end of the trip, to account for the unexpected, even if it means an extra night's hotel stay.

If you have time at the end and your tickets are used up, there's plenty of fun to be had at Disney Springs and/or the resorts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

This has been an ongoing issue for many of my customers who have been vacationing and many , many have had massive delays or cancellations with headaches getting to where they plan to be. So many have started building in an extra day on the front and end of their travel weeks to ensure a better end result. Not everyone can do this due to time off or cost. If it was me and I could afford the time and cost, I’d fly out a day early. Get to Orlando fit in some relax time and then have a less stressful day the next morning to begin my vacation. You’ll get more Ep time in as well.

Upvote 0

ceecee101

Original Poster
Well so much for trying to go the day before—it’s a Sunday and all flights we could change to are sold out. Sooooo we will just go on our original date and fingers crossed. After the experience last week one wonders. We sat on the tarmac for 2 hours, trying to repair a broken cockpit door. Then had to deplane, reroute. Then after arriving on leg 1 of reroute, the second leg was delayed delayed delayed. Was a 15 hour ordeal. Anyway hopefully this will all go smoothly.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Wishing you the best for a uneventful flight from boarding to landing in Orlando. They have recently been working on getting more reliability on getting people up in the air. Have a great time once you arrive.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom