www.TourGuideMike.com

JackSkellington

Original Poster
I forgot to mention this after I went to WDW in MAY. www.TourGuideMike.com offers an in-depth schedule/tour (whatever you want to call it ) for only $21.95. To some this may sound steep, well it is worth every penny. Granted we did our homework on this guy and gave him a shot. A boy o boy we used his plans and DID NOT wait in ANY LINE more than 20 min long. We spent more time in lines for food than rides. I highly suggest this site for anyone's trip to WDW. His plans put you on the other isde of the crowd. For example, in the morning at AK our family split up. I went and got FP's for KJS while they went to Chester and Hester's Dino Rama. I got 5 FP's went over to C&HDR and rode PW three times without a line. We just asked to ride again twice. Then when our FP window came up we rode KJS with a five min. wait using FP's. The standby line was 1 hr. and 45 min. long!!! In the first 30 min, we rode KJS, and PW. (3 times) You can't beat that.

RebeccaQ

I have bought Mike's vacation planner more than once and I would highly recommend it. When I first heard of it I already had a number of trips behind me and had read the books, etc - thought I knew what I needed to know. But even if you are a "Disney veteran" Mike's site is worth every penny. It really is very inexpensive and is updated all the time by a pro who earns his living getting people through those parks. What more can I say? It is probably the most important 20 bucks you spend related to a Disney vacation.

Main Street USA

I hate to sound negative, because for some of you, being prudent with your time is goal number one on your WDW vacation. BUT, the simple fact of having to split up for fastpasses while the kids go do this, etc. is a little extensive. I go to WDW to spend time with my family, not to systematically plan when the lines will be short.

Heck, to show even further how different I am, I actually prefer crowds most of the time, because in my mind, the more people there are, the more life the parks have, and the whole vacation seems like more of an event. For example, if you go to a baseball game, and there are 4000 people there, it sucks. If you go to the same game and there are 40,000 there, it's a WHOLE other atmosphere. So much, in fact, that you'd enjoy it with more people, and hate it with little to none. I'd wait longer in lines for the bathroom and food, and maybe even to get in and out, but it'd be well worth the feeling I got throughout the game.

Sure, I'd rather wait 20 minutes than 45 minutes, but I think any Disney Nut (anyone who's a member of these boards) would do just fine avoiding the longest lines on their own, and save the 21.95 for a t-shirt. :)

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Depending on the age of the group it might not be a bad idea to split up to get FP's. I personally dont like waiting in line for Dumbo over 30 min. So while my mom and little sister waited I got SPMtn FP's and rode HM twice. So it depends on the age and occasion. And the crowd thing I agree with you sometimes. Sometimes I dont want to wait, and sometimes I do want to wait. There is allways someone new to meet in line which makes the experience more fun. And there are days you want in and out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom