WWoHP California?

cheezbat

As far as I know they don't fight over that stuff.

Personally I think that will be huge for USH...but I'm hoping they only get the basics, and we here in Orlando get more! (We were the first and we've got the land and the parks for it after all!)

flavious27

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Universal forces its two US theme park operations to fight over budget appropriations like Disney does.

I don't mean about what park gets so much for park development. WWHP is the main draw of IOA and has helped stabilize USF's attendance numbers. There is going to be a second phase built, we knew this because we have seen the WB contract, but that isn't going to be enough to keep the same draw for guests. At the same time, it is just odd that uni would divide up a franchise between two gates the way it will. It would be like having star tours in dhs and then having a jedi academy and catina in TL.

COProgressFan

Why not? they're getting a huge, exclusive expansion of their own.

I would think it takes away the exclusivity of having the only Harry Potter park in the U.S. and the uniqueness of it.

They are probably very excited about their huge expansion, but folks who want to visit Harry Potter's world will no longer have to come down to USF, but can go to Cali as well, which of course Florida management would be concerned about.

flavious27

I would think it takes away the exclusivity of having the only Harry Potter park in the U.S. and the uniqueness of it.

They are probably very excited about their huge expansion, but folks who want to visit Harry Potter's world will no longer have to come down to USF, but can go to Cali as well, which of course Florida management would be concerned about.

Exactly. Also, the expansion location does not make sense or fit in with what is already in place. This just looks like uni's management looked to see what was costing them the most and decided to get rid of it. The more logical location would have been the former nick studios.

JT3000

The more logical location would have been the former nick studios.

The former Nickelodeon Studios (which is already occupied by Blue Man Group, isn't adjacent to WWoHP and has a roller coaster wrapping around it) would have been more logical for what exactly? Certainly not Potter expansion.

flavious27

The former Nickelodeon Studios (which is already occupied by Blue Man Group, isn't adjacent to WWoHP and has a roller coaster wrapping around it) would have been more logical for what exactly? Certainly not Potter expansion.

The nick studios was more than one building, and the coaster is to the north of it.

studiosbefore.png

So they can do something like this then for an expansion:

studiosafter.png

Everything would be enclosed, with the exterior to look like Leicester Square.

novawildcat18

The nick studios was more than one building, and the coaster is to the north of it.

studiosbefore.png

So they can do something like this then for an expansion:

studiosafter.png

Everything would be enclosed, with the exterior to look like Leicester Square.

Blue Man Group is already in one of those soundstages. I'm fairly certain that TNA wrestling films in another one. They're not going to demolish these buildings that are in use instead of a plot of land that holds a ride that is old and costs them a lot of money to run.

JT3000

Nickelodeon/BMG is the set of soundstages next to Rockit's loading platform. All of those other soundstages are unrelated to Nick and still in use. They aren't getting rid of their production lot for park expansion. It's too useful.

cheezbat

Nickelodeon/BMG is the set of soundstages next to Rockit's loading platform. All of those other soundstages are unrelated to Nick and still in use. They aren't getting rid of their production lot for park expansion. It's too useful.

There are other places to expand in Studios still too. There's the huge lot behind MIB and Simpsons, as well as the old Murder She Wrote/Herc Xena building. I think both of these plots need to be considered for expansion before they continue to go removal crazy.

flavious27

Blue Man Group is already in one of those soundstages. I'm fairly certain that TNA wrestling films in another one. They're not going to demolish these buildings that are in use instead of a plot of land that holds a ride that is old and costs them a lot of money to run.

The only soundstage that will demolished with a regular client is #21, for tna. comcast doesn't own tna or the network it is on, they don't any skin in the tna game if they evict them.

Those soundstages don't get enough use that it would justify keeping them there while they could be used for a park expansion.

Skip

The only soundstage that will demolished with a regular client is #21, for tna. comcast doesn't own tna or the network it is on, they don't any skin in the tna game if they evict them.

Those soundstages don't get enough use that it would justify keeping them there while they could be used for a park expansion.

Everything I hear says the soundstages get constant use, either via consistent/one-time filming gigs (filming takes place there more often than you might guess) or via entertainment (Halloween Horror Nights and Grinchmas facilities). They're not going anywhere.

Matpez

The sound stages are used for every day operations, many productions like wrestling, HHN, Grinchmas & so much more commercial/TV work. They will not go anywhere. Nickelodeon seemed so big but was just the one sound stage/building currently being used by Blue man group (they don't use all of it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom