Wrong Tickets

FettFan

Original Poster
Just saw a commercial for an ABC sitcom that had this plot: family takes a trip to The World, gets to the front gates of the Magic Kingdom....and cannot get in. The cast member working the entrance looks at their tickets and says "Oh...these are for Disneyland in California. This is Disney World...you're in Orlando."

Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? I seriously have my doubts.

Obviously these folks would have purchased their tickets online (unless there is some secret nod/wink "limited time magic" way to score Disneyland tickets at the TTC)...and Disneyland and Walt Disney World sell their tickets through two completely different websites, each with it's own logo and pricing options. (multi-day, hopper, etc.), and the WDW site actually has listed ""1-Day Ticket: Magic Kingdom Park" for one price and "1-Day Ticket: EPCOT, or Disney's Animal Kingdom Park, or Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Also...who in their right mind would buy something online and not verify it once its delivered? Disneyland and Disney World tickets are pretty distinct (the "DISNEYLAND" in large white font is kind of hard to miss), and if there was a mistake made, they could easily make a few phone calls and have it corrected long before they packed their bags.

If these folks are really so dense, I have a mind to sell them a bulk lot of PS4's. Only $100 a piece.

Just don't let my neighbors know about the missing flagstones from their garden.

Zortek

They won the tickets at a used car dealership promotion where the prize was a Car (and then trip in the fine print). So, they didn't actually purchase the tickets. Still far fetched, but not quite as bad.

disney4life2008

LOL its a sitcom its supposed to be funny and the tv show is "the middle" they are kind of ditzy anyway. but have you ever seen national lapoons vacation (the 1st one) similiar siutation.

FettFan

Original Poster
They won the tickets at a used car dealership promotion where the prize was a Car (and then trip in the fine print). So, they didn't actually purchase the tickets. Still far fetched, but not quite as bad.

Ah. That does help indeed.

DizneyPryncess

haha, I just saw that same preview. That's a funny show, wish I'd been watching it more regularly. I set the finale to tape, had to see what happened with the Disney stuff. :D

Goofyernmost

I know it's a sitcom, but, many, many people out there do not know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World. So, even though it is just a comedy, I can see where it would be not only possible, but, I'd even bet that it has happened, more than once.

disneypearl

Yes, the tickets were won by Sue in a contest which she believed the prize was to be a car. Then it was discovered that it was actually only the use of car to get to WDW and, I believe, two day park tickets and one night stay. Sue was even more excited because she has always wanted to go & this would be the only way the family was going to get there. Should be a fun show!

Goofyernmost

Yes, the tickets were won by Sue in a contest which she believed the prize was to be a car. Then it was discovered that it was actually only the use of car to get to WDW and, I believe, two day park tickets and one night stay. Sue was even more excited because she has always wanted to go & this would be the only way the family was going to get there. Should be a fun show!
Errr... Didn't they just say that they were for Disneyland and not WDW?

disneypearl

Errr... Didn't they just say that they were for Disneyland and not WDW?
Yes, I was trying to help explain that they did not buy the wrong tickets. They were given to them and presented as tickets to WDW not Disneyland.
First, they were thinking Sue won a car. Second, they were told tickets were for WDW and they were actually for Disneyland. Just this family's luck.

Goofyernmost

Beats the hell out of discussing My Magic or Frozen. Didn't see the promo so I was just trying to understand the situation (comedy). Not everything has to be a dead serious or earth shaking in reality or proportion.

rob0519

We had free one day / one park passes for WDW that were given to us during a stay in Orlando. When we were in California we asked if they could be used to get us into DCA because park hoppers were not yet available. It took a manager's approval, but we were able to use them. Not exactly the same, since we knew they were for a different park.

FettFan

Original Poster
Like I said, sitcoms are very true to life and hold deep meaning/depth on everyday realities. I would explain further but I have to rescue Screech from the rival school. Dressed as our mascot, he was stolen by rival football players trying to get back at Zack and Slater.

They also have our coin-op Frogger with my high score still intact.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is the one thing I really hate...
image.png

zurgandfriend

Like the insurance connercial says if a human is involved it can happen. My brother-in-law booked a trip to New York, and a Broadway show for a 2nd honeymoon. They got to the show sat down and he went to give his DW the opera glasses he purchased for the event and handed her his electric razor.

Last edited:

CaptainShortty

They won the tickets in a promotion and if you know anything about the background of the sitcom "the middle", they are a ditzy family anyway where lots of things go wrong. Can I see it happening in real life, probably not, but that's why it's TV. It doesn't have to be real. I have on multiple occurrences seen Guests try and use their Universal or SeaWorld tickets to get into WDW though so using them isn't as far fetched as you'd think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom