Writing my own movie

DuckyNash

Original Poster
In high school, I loved writing plays and scripts and one of them won second place in the district. That play I've decided to make a movie out of.

It's a fantasy movie about a seafaring son of a sea captain who is sent to make a delivery to a far-off mystical kingdom. When he gets there, he is mistaken for a prophecized pirate warrior sent to protect the kingdom from a great evil; the kingdom's former princess who is bent on destroying the whole kingdom for impeaching her from the royal throne.

Basically, it's a blend of pirate fantasy and medieval fantasy.

I don't want to spew too much details right now as it's still in the works.

So what do you think so far?

t3techcom18

Nice, sounds awesome! I myself am in high school at the moment, and just did that this year for the District competition. I usually wrote short stories (even though I and many others think that more than 131 pages for one story is not short, haha), and I decided to give it a go.

Luckily for me, I sorta had an insider, as my own Drama teacher's husband is one of the judges for Playwriting, haha. I got an Excellent for it, specifically for the fact I somehow missed some grammar and typos in there, and there were nitpicky for it, but even then, they said I created a vivd world, that I had lots of visual imagery and a good grasp of the language, so if they say praised everything else minus the nitpicky-ness of that, I'm happy! It was called, "The Silver Casing", (A One Act, 28 pages long) which was an adaptation from Richard Connell's short story, "The Most Dangerous Game." The people I've given it to think it's really good. Pure awesomeness!

Keep writing! :wave:

DuckyNash

Original Poster
Thanks for your kind words. I hope you go far with YOUR plays.

Anyway, I'll only reveal two characters that I created for this movie and who I would want to play them. The other characters will not be revealed at this moment or for a long while for that matter.

1) Skylar McPherson - The main hero with an eyepatch and a tiny beard I've always wanted to play the voice of. (In case you don't know, I'm hoping to make this an animated feature). He is a daydreamer who dreams of a better life than making deliveries. But when he arrives at the kingdom of Camadoon (Camelot + Brigadoon), he gets more than he bargained for. Skylar has sort of a dry and sarcastic sense of humor.

The reason I want to do his voice is not because I'm trying to be selfish, but because I want to introduce my acting as well as my creativity and because it's a dream role of mine. I'm just a small-town actor who dreams to do at least one movie.

2) Princess Rosethorn - The main villain. Most princesses in animated movies are good, but that concept gets a little bit boring. Rosethorn was originally chosen to rule the kingdom, but she made up too much strict laws that everyone impeached her from the throne. As an act of vengeance, she attempts to kill the current ruler and everyone else all at once with her newfound powers. While other princesses are nice and graceful, Rosethorn, while having the beauty of a princess, is hostile and cold-hearted.

As for her voice, I've had in mind the woman who played Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. Why? I watched the episodes of Aladdin where Jasmine loses her memory and thinks she's evil and the one time when her shadow turned against her. I was listening to her evil voice while looking at my drawings I made of Rosethorn one day and it matched perfectly. I think the actress could really pull it off.

That's all I'm going to reveal. Don't want to give away too much than I already have. If anyone has any better suggestions for who they think should play these two, please feel free to speak.

Pongo

Hey, you're from Titusville!

I'm up at college right now (Ohio State), but I'm from Melbourne! I acted at Satellite High for a few years.

Good to see some other space coasters on the boards :wave:

DuckyNash

Original Poster
Why yes I am. I was originally from Melbourne too. I acted at Mel High a few years ago and then performed at Melbourne Civic Theatre. Did you happen to see "Godspell" or "Amatuers"? I was in those plays. In high school I did "Children of Eden" and "Seussical the Musical". What a small world this is, eh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom