wrench in the plan

coltow

Here's the scoop
We have been planning out trip since October for August 22-31. Today was my 60 days, we are a party of 9 so Saturday we did a quick get together to make sure we had all our FP+ days and times in order so I could do them this morning.

THEN husband tells me Saturday night that he wants to go to Blizzard Beach!!! He said I never let him pick things (90% of our dining he picked) and now it's something he really wants to do. After tweeking dining plans I freed up a day so that we can go. NOW the weather needs to co-operate or he's not going to be happy….husbands, can't live with/without them lol

Side note I did get ALL FP+s we wanted and 99% of the times we wanted.

cw1982

I agree. Rope drop until mid afternoon or rain, whichever comes first. It seems like most days in the summer, the rain typically happens in mid afternoon, so you're probably looking at a pretty safe bet on that one.

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

fugawe09

There is no predicting Florida weather, but as others have said your best chance of a thunderstorm is afternoon to early evening when the Atlantic and Gulf clouds collide over Central Florida. Morning thunderstorms are less likely. Keep in mind they only clear the water in the event of lightning within a certain radius. If it is just rain, the attractions still operate. The masses oddly pack out huddled under umbrellas, but the thinking person realizes they are wet anyhow...

Upvote 0

coltow

Original Poster
We are also going to wait until a day or 2 before hand to decide on Water Parks More option. I don't want to pay for it now only to have weather not cooperate. We only have 1 day free for it so if we cannot get there that day there's just no other time to squeeze it in

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We had a great day at Blizzard Beach during a rain storm. It was funny to see everyone running for cover and buying ponchos...while the few brave souls braved the water and the rain and enjoyed the rides w/o lines. So, remember ...rope drop, stay if it is just rain and not thunder/lightning and enjoy the day.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

We are also going to wait until a day or 2 before hand to decide on Water Parks More option. I don't want to pay for it now only to have weather not cooperate. We only have 1 day free for it so if we cannot get there that day there's just no other time to squeeze it in

In the past when I priced it out, adding the Water Parks Fun & More option for only 1 visit to a water park was more expensive than paying at the (water park) gate the day you go. If you want to use the WPF&M add-on for more than just 1 water park visit, or for some of the other options that it includes, then it is probably the best way to go.
I'm not sure if that still holds true, but it might be worth pricing out separately just so you know :)

Upvote 0

coltow

Original Poster
In the past when I priced it out, adding the Water Parks Fun & More option for only 1 visit to a water park was more expensive than paying at the (water park) gate the day you go. If you want to use the WPF&M add-on for more than just 1 water park visit, or for some of the other options that it includes, then it is probably the best way to go.
I'm not sure if that still holds true, but it might be worth pricing out separately just so you know :)
Not when you have a 10 day park hopper…we did price it out and it's only $26pp to add the option

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom