Would you rather park bag edition.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm faced with a dilemma because what I had felt like was a perfect park bag broke at the end of my last trip and unfortunately its not available to purchase anymore. (It was a faux leather small structured crossbody. Think y2k fashion short strap bag but it was long strap)

So right now unless I can find something else in the meantime I have 2 options...
Faux leather belt bag that only fits my essentials which means I'll have to hook my water bottle clip on my shorts instead of the bag like I was able to do on my last bag.
or
Faux leather mini backpack that is much larger than I'll need for my essentials but I can put the water bottle inside instead of it hanging and there would be room in case I decided to buy something small.

Which would you end up choosing?

Weather_Lady

I'd bring both. Wear the belt bag for short jaunts or when you otherwise don't need more than the essentials.
The rest of the time, wear the mini-backpack.
To travel to and from Orlando, pack the essentials in the belt bag, and put it inside the mini-backpack, which can be your personal item on the plane.

I do the same with a Baggallini waist pack (which holds my phone, money, ID, chapstick, glasses case, etc.) and lightweight packable 21L backpack. I put one inside the other -- like Russian nesting dolls made of luggage! -- for on the plane. Then once we're at WDW, I wear the waist pack if the weather is nice, and bring the backpack if I also need to have rain ponchos, hoodies, cooling towels, or other bulkier items with me, or if I'm planning on doing any heavy-duty shopping. (We don't usually bring water, and rely on free iced water from CS places instead, which really lightens our load.)

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I have been carrying around a Loungefly mini backpack and fit all my essentials and three bottles of water in it. I could never make it with a waist bag.

Gillyanne

Another vote for Backpack style for the parks, but I do like the idea of both based on what you're doing a given time too. I've been known to grab my regular crossbody bag if I was just running out to the store or springs when I'm down at the world.

When I first got a dedicated park bag, it actually was a small diaper bag that one could wear like a crossbody. I called it my "disney go bag" b/c I'd pack it with it's own dedicated stuff, and it was ready to grab if/when I may want to just up and go (not that I got to do that). After a trip or 2, I quickly changed to a small backpack, for the distributed weight, and packing it as needed, but keeping a wallet in it with a few bills, AP card, giftcard etc.. I don't remember if I had one in between, but I was using a small disney "leather" backpack for a while, then did end up with a loungefly (or 3) that I often use now. If it's the regular size LF I can fit what I need in there (short of the umbrella I have) including my waterbottle. Will admit the waterbottle did not fit in the Epcot40 one as it seems to be made smaller (but it fits in my regular park icon one, and the new F&G figment one)

Stupido

Backpack is nice because it equally distributes the weight, and you won't have uneven pains throughout the day.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My phone, credit card and ibuprofen go into my pockets. That's all I need. But if I did have to take a bag, I would choose the small backpack.

I would love to know what shorts you wear.
The pockets on my shorts might as well be fake because they are so small.
I can put my phone in the back pockets but it sticks out and I wouldn't want to sit down and lose it.
I wish they made shorts like the jeans I like. Those actually have decent pockets I can fit my phone in.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I can put my phone in the back pockets but it sticks out and I wouldn't want to sit down and lose it.
I wish they made shorts like the jeans I like. Those actually have decent pockets I can fit my phone in.
Cut a pair of older jeans or torn ones down to shorts. ;)

NelleBelle

Another vote for the small backpack! I stopped using my crossbody bag in favor of the smaller Kipling backpack (Frozen 2) and it’s the perfect size for all my medical junk I have to pick along “just in case”. Will not be using my large stainless Yeti water bottle though, way too heavy!

trylon57

I'm faced with a dilemma because what I had felt like was a perfect park bag broke at the end of my last trip and unfortunately its not available to purchase anymore. (It was a faux leather small structured crossbody. Think y2k fashion short strap bag but it was long strap)

So right now unless I can find something else in the meantime I have 2 options...
Faux leather belt bag that only fits my essentials which means I'll have to hook my water bottle clip on my shorts instead of the bag like I was able to do on my last bag.
or
Faux leather mini backpack that is much larger than I'll need for my essentials but I can put the water bottle inside instead of it hanging and there would be room in case I decided to buy something small.

Which would you end up choosing?
Take your bag to a shoe repairman. They can fix shoes, hand bags, golf bags, anything that they can get under their sewing machine they can usually fix it. Some glue, some sewing, you'll be back in business.

Tony the Tigger

Cargo shorts. Those are my bag.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've ruled out the waist pack. because while it seems practical in theory I decided to wear it out for the day yesterday and it definitely pulled on me when I had my wallet and phone in it and it was a struggle to access my chap stick from the front pocket because my phone and wallet were pushing outward . I can't imagine putting ponchos in there as well and then clipping my water bottle onto my belt loop and having that pull.

I'm still on the fence about a backpack because of how often you have to take it off and then decide if its worth putting back on between attractions. But I am going to try it out as my purse at home. (Also there is a Loungefly I want but I never seem to reach for the ones I have so should I buy another haha)

Bad news to someone that said get it fixed is I had already tried and they said the particular piece of hardware that had to be used to fix the broken part was something they didn't have.
But good news is after searching online for hours I did find the exact purse brand new and I'm getting it but before I decide to use it for the parks I'm really gonna give my backpacks a fair shot because it really would be nice to have that little extra space.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom