Would you pay $856 for two nights at Yacht or Beach Club?

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
Our vacation right now consists of one night at the mermaid section of AoA and six nights at wyndham bonnet creek.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should "upgrade" and lose one night at bonnet creek so we can have two nights at Yacht or Beach Club. Maybe I'm crazy. It would cost $681 more for those two nights vs the one night we are staying at AoA.

Our yearly Disney vacation means a lot to us and I want to squeeze all the magic I can out of the 7 nights that we will be there. The best deal I can get right now is on Orbitz with an extra 15% off since Disney is showing rack rate now for the first week of May.

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
I would love to rent points for those dates. Unfortunately- I don't think my dates of May 3 to May 5th have anything available except for maybe saratoga springs... I'd love if someone could check for me...

slappy magoo

If you try to rent through David's DVC rentals, you specify the nights and room and size you want, and they let you know whether or not they can hook you up.

Ariel484

I'm too indecisive to have to put down a deposit the check availability.
If they can't accommodate you, you get the deposit back. There are other similar companies you can try.

I personally wouldn't spend that amount on a room, but hey, it's your money, you know your finances better than anyone else.

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
If they can't accommodate you, you get the deposit back. There are other similar companies you can try.

I personally wouldn't spend that amount on a room, but hey, it's your money, you know your finances better than anyone else.

I tried with dvc rental store, but they told me all my choices were already booked solid. That's the problem with renting points is they will check once for you.... if I had access to the system I'd check every day to see if something comes available and snag it.

jlsHouston

Our vacation right now consists of one night at the mermaid section of AoA and six nights at wyndham bonnet creek.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should "upgrade" and lose one night at bonnet creek so we can have two nights at Yacht or Beach Club. Maybe I'm crazy. It would cost $681 more for those two nights vs the one night we are staying at AoA.

Our yearly Disney vacation means a lot to us and I want to squeeze all the magic I can out of the 7 nights that we will be there. The best deal I can get right now is on Orbitz with an extra 15% off since Disney is showing rack rate now for the first week of May.

Don't be crazy.
I am restraining myself too because I last minute decided to make a May trip to WDW and all the rates with an AP discount for BW/YC/BC are gone for the 19th-27th of May. I ended up buying some points for SSR for a studio for 4 nights for $ 115/night and then booking the the other 4 nights at CSR for $ 145/night . I did see that for 6 nights consecutive there is a SPG deal at SWAN or Dolphin where your effective rate all in would be $ 184/night but it didn't work for me.
I did once pay rack rate for 8 nights at the POLY over Thanksgiving and that will not happen again. In the end, it really isn't about splurging. I'm not saying I didn't love that trip but I did not love what I was paying. Now when I stay deluxe which is most of the time, it is $ 350/nite all in or ya know....Dolphin or CSR or DVC points is what I will do. That way I get the upside of accomodations WDW has to offer on property but the pillage isn't as bad.
What are the AK rates? They have a great pool there you know....If you are going to give up AoA and lose a night offsite for a deluxe then I would check the SwanDolphin or AKL. Great pools both resorts.

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
Don't be crazy.
I am restraining myself too because I last minute decided to make a May trip to WDW and all the rates with an AP discount for BW/YC/BC are gone for the 19th-27th of May. I ended up buying some points for SSR for a studio for 4 nights for $ 115/night and then booking the the other 4 nights at CSR for $ 145/night . I did see that for 6 nights consecutive there is a SPG deal at SWAN or Dolphin where your effective rate all in would be $ 184/night but it didn't work for me.
I did once pay rack rate for 8 nights at the POLY over Thanksgiving and that will not happen again. In the end, it really isn't about splurging. I'm not saying I didn't love that trip but I did not love what I was paying. Now when I stay deluxe which is most of the time, it is $ 350/nite all in or ya know....Dolphin or CSR or DVC points is what I will do. That way I get the upside of accomodations WDW has to offer on property but the pillage isn't as bad.
What are the AK rates? They have a great pool there you know....If you are going to give up AoA and lose a night offsite for a deluxe then I would check the SwanDolphin or AKL. Great pools both resorts.

Swan and Dolphin is intriguing. With a AAA discount their rates are around $220 when you factor in tax and the resort charge. We'll have a rental car, so that ups the price by $17 a night also. AoA is nearly just as appealing to us as swan/dolphin. Ultimately, the best thing to do would be for us to spend the full seven nights on the monorail loop or in walking distance to EPCOT. After we did a split stay (grand floridian and boardwalk inn) last year, it's hard to go back to the other options. We were in heaven. Unfortunately, the economics are not working in our favor. If I could do it over again, I would have rented points really early to try and stay at Bay Lake Tower, GF villas, or beach club. That's really the only affordable way to do it.

jlsHouston

I tried with dvc rental store, but they told me all my choices were already booked solid. That's the problem with renting points is they will check once for you.... if I had access to the system I'd check every day to see if something comes available and snag it.

What are your dates? I saw a BLT studio for May 5-12 at 12 bucks a point available. That is $282 per night. THat is a confirmed reservation, the dvc owner just puts the ressie in your name and you put the conf# on your MDE profile and away you go.
There's another one for May 24/30th for VGF. I would have taken that one myself but my DD29 is leaving for Montana that last weekend for 6 weeks of Geology camp and I may tow her car up there and take a little trip to the mountains....so I wanted to be home after memorial day.

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
What are your dates? I saw a BLT studio for May 5-12 at 12 bucks a point available. That is $282 per night. THat is a confirmed reservation, the dvc owner just puts the ressie in your name and you put the conf# on your MDE profile and away you go.
There's another one for May 24/30th for VGF. I would have taken that one myself but my DD29 is leaving for Montana that last weekend for 6 weeks of Geology camp and I may tow her car up there and take a little trip to the mountains....so I wanted to be home after memorial day.

I saw that post on the mouse owners board but my dates are locked in at May 3-10. I was really bummed because I would have gladly paid those prices. I contacted the DVC owner to see if they would shorten it to may 5-10 for me but no luck

jlsHouston

I hear what you are saying about location. See I almost always have a vehicle. I use Disney transportation but I hate feeling like I have to so...I have only NOT had a vehicle on 2 trips out of 8...I honestly prefer the EPCOT resorts over the monorail loop because of the lounges...and I think the pools are better and well walking into EPCOT is happiness to me.

jlsHouston

I saw that post on the mouse owners board but my dates are locked in at May 3-10. I was really bummed because I would have gladly paid those prices. I contacted the DVC owner to see if they would shorten it to may 5-10 for me but no luck

Maybe because she might lose them. Wow you are so close to those dates and BLT is really nice. I snagged a weekend there in March and we loved being in the CONT area....I could grow to love the CONT I think...

bubbles1812

Swan and Dolphin is intriguing. With a AAA discount their rates are around $220 when you factor in tax and the resort charge. We'll have a rental car, so that ups the price by $17 a night also. AoA is nearly just as appealing to us as swan/dolphin. Ultimately, the best thing to do would be for us to spend the full seven nights on the monorail loop or in walking distance to EPCOT. After we did a split stay (grand floridian and boardwalk inn) last year, it's hard to go back to the other options. We were in heaven. Unfortunately, the economics are not working in our favor. If I could do it over again, I would have rented points really early to try and stay at Bay Lake Tower, GF villas, or beach club. That's really the only affordable way to do it.
If you are still thinking about Swan and Dolphin, I can't recommend them enough. I've stayed at Yacht&Beach, and Swan&Dolphin... while yes, the pool is awesome at Beach Club, really, it's the only advantage it has... and it's not that great an advantage. Swan&Dolphin has pretty nice pools, and great variety of restaurants. Our room was awesome, and the beds were more comfy than others I've encountered across the Disney resorts. I was super surprised when I went there how much I enjoyed it but it will probably be my Deluxe of choice from now on... and it's the only reasonably affordable one (ie NO is the answer I'd give you for spending nearly a grand for two nights at Y&B). I don't think the Monorail loop is all that worth is to be honest, unless monorail is really really really that important to you. But being within walking/ferry distance of DHS/Epcot/Boardwalk and super near AK/Downtown Disney made the slightly longer distance up to MK totally worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom