Would you Meet and Greet Walt Disney?

FettFan

The overall consensus I'm getting from reading many of the responses is that the public overwhelmingly wants a Tom Hanks M&G at Disney someday, yes? And I'm all on board for this. But the question is, who can pull off a realistic Tom, both in appearance and vocal similarities?

And giant piano skills. Can’t forget that.

KrazyKat

I'd be down for that if he was dressed as David Pumpkins.
poster,210x230,f8f8f8-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg

Tom P.

I'm on board with the consensus here as well.

If they were to do it in the style of the Hall of Presidents figures -- hopefully of better quality than the Trump figure! -- and make a realistic audio animatronic figure that spoke using actual recordings of Walt Disney, I would be okay with that. More of a historical perspective on the man who started it all.

But a face character being portrayed by an actor? Absolutely not. That would, IMHO, be disrespectful to a man who died so relatively recently and it would risk people perceiving him as just another fictional character rather than a real man who started the company. Even if the public persona of Walt was somewhat different from his real personality, he was still a real man, and he should be thought of as such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom