Would you like to see WDW Space Mountain Re-furbed?

Would you like to see the WDW Space Mountain updated similar to the DL Mountain?

• Yes, Gut it!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • No, That would be destroying a classic

Votes: 89 54.9%

• Total voters

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tenny317
It's not as fast as it used to seem

It still goes the same speed it always has. It's just a psychological thing, you've probably ridden it so many times that it's just a routine, or maybe you remember it going faster as a child and as a child it would certainly seem faster.

Tenny317

Well you are right.....as a child it seemed a bit faster....also...making it brighter makes it seem slower....it used to be extremely dark in there and it seemed faster bc you didn't know what was to happen next!

Ringo8n24

Is it really brighter in there today than in the past? I never really noticed. I think the ride just needs to be smoother as RRC is so smooth. The bumping and jittering takes away from the enjoyment of the ride.

they have not lightened the inside at all it is as dark as it has always been.

if the "cutie glasses/skirt" you are talking about IS a manager and has red hair...she needs to go.

thank you

speck76

Originally posted by DispatchInhibit
they have not lightened the inside at all it is as dark as it has always been.

if the "cutie glasses/skirt" you are talking about IS a manager and has red hair...she needs to go.

thank you

Not red hair...brown

ok then she is OK to stay :eek:) although she is probably gone, there are only two female managers now in tomorrowland attractions and one has black hair and one has red.

speck76

Originally posted by DispatchInhibit
ok then she is OK to stay :eek:) although she is probably gone, there are only two female managers now in tomorrowland attractions and one has black hair and one has red.

Any manager leave in the last two weeks or so?

StevenT

Original Poster
Re: ?

Originally posted by Grimone24
What is so great or different about DL's Space Mountain? I have never seen it.

To fill you in. The WDW Space Mountain was the first Space Mountain to be built. A few years later the DL Space Mountain opened. It's base diameter is 100 feet shorter than WDW's (300ft for WDW and 200ft for DL I beleive) so they opted for one track instead of two. Although I have never been to Disneyland, I have done some reading about the ride. The speeds are similar but instead of being based on more tight corners, it is a bit more focused on the speed of space travel. It has mostly right corners so there isn't much suprise in which way you'll turn. In 1995 the cars were retrofitted with a stereo system to play a new on-board soundtrack that's a mix between space and surf guitar. Currently DL Space Mountain has been closed down for a couple years, and the only thing remaining is the building itself. The coaster is under a complete refurbishment, and in 2005 for the DL 50th Anniversary the ride will re-open, a completley new experiance. There will be new track, new effects, new cars, new soundtrack, everything.

I hope that answers all your questions.

Are there any Specifid rides that will be closing down due to them fixing it and maybe even changing some of it like The Alien Encounter (Stich ride) any other ride being fixed like that? Does anyone even think space mountain will be shut down in the future to make it better?

Ang

aimster

Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by StevenT
Currently DL Space Mountain has been closed down for a couple years, and the only thing remaining is the building itself. The coaster is under a complete refurbishment, and in 2005 for the DL 50th Anniversary the ride will re-open, a completley new experiance. There will be new track, new effects, new cars, new soundtrack, everything.

Actually, Disneyland's Space Mountain has only been closed a little over a year. And from what I've been hearing, the track is being built with the exact same layout as before, but some new show elements will be added. But I've also heard that D*ick Dale (surf guitar king) is supposedly going to record a new soundtrack for the ride (he did the original onboard soundtrack, which totally rocks 10 ways to Sunday).

And as for WDW's version, I would love to see an onboard soundetrack added, even if it's just the original one from Disneyland. It would make the experience much more exciting and fun.

** edited because the stupid board censor blocked out "D*ick"... sheesh! I'm using it as a proper name! :lol: **

the-reason14

I say leave it be. I would absolutely hate it if they tried and make it big and bad. The way it is, is just fine. I dont see problems with the line or the exit, I think everything about wdw's SM is special and unique, and should keep that uniqueness by staying the same.

ZHoyt

has anyone here actually ridden the DLP space mountain?

all i've ever seen is the cannon launch, but it sure looks impressive. what is the inside like?

ogryn

Originally posted by ZHoyt
has anyone here actually ridden the DLP space mountain?

all i've ever seen is the cannon launch, but it sure looks impressive. what is the inside like?

rough as hell ;)

Seriously, good fast bit round the edge of the mountain to start with, a couple of corkscrews, a crash through a meteor (with SFX and lights), a mid-ride lift hill climbing towards a projection of the moon, and a killer end section that slams your head against the restraints giving you a headache in an element called a horseshoe. The music is amazing and adds 200% to the ride. The launch isn't excilerating like RnRC, but is still quite fun.

And on DL SM:
We’re not going to bring the Richard Dale soundtrack back, but we will have on-board audio which will be upgraded technically from what we’ve had before and there will be a soundtrack created specifically for this new version of Space Mountain. I think it will be more of a return to the classic of rather than a particular ‘rock and roll’ sensibility will be more of an ‘outer space’ sensibility. It will be more other worldly and spacey. It hasn’t been developed yet but we’re going to do a whole new music/sound effects track for the ride.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20040515&page=3
http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20040515&page=4

djmatthews

Space Moutain at DLRP is amazing, however, I love WDW's too. The ride itself is great, it feels all jerky and and old - I like that, however, like all of tomorrow land it needs some TLC.

speck76

I think the MK would have a much harder time closing Space Mt than DL did, as DL has more E-ticket attractions, and more attractions in TL than MK does.

DL has both the Matterhorn and BTM as alternative, MK only has BTM. TL at DL has both Star Tours and HISTA, which MK doesn't. Before MK could close Space Mt, they would really need to add another e-ticket.

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by speck76
I think the MK would have a much harder time closing Space Mt than DL did, as DL has more E-ticket attractions, and more attractions in TL than MK does.

DL has both the Matterhorn and BTM as alternative, MK only has BTM. TL at DL has both Star Tours and HISTA, which MK doesn't. Before MK could close Space Mt, they would really need to add another e-ticket.

I would say that's a logical and accurate statement. We'd need an E-ticket in Tomorrowland or at lease close by, like say... 20k Leagues Lagoon?! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom