Would you go Solo to WDW or do you need someone it share with?

DSNYKID

Original Poster
I've spent only about an hour alone in Epcot as far as going solo to the parks... and you know what...I really liked it. I could go and and do what ever I wanted for 60 whole minutes. No stollers to push, no diapers to change ... it was great.

Now I know some folks will say it's something that needs to be experienced with others...

What do you think?

Tell me your story...

Nicole

I've never gone on a whole trip by myself but I've had portions of two trips where I had several hours alone in the parks. It was really nice, except at eating time, then it was weird.

But if I had to spend a weekend alone anywhere but home (where it's a treat!) I would want to do it at WDW.

HoW

I've done the parks with and without others, and I enjoy both experiences. Yes, I love sharing little tidbits of information with people who don't know the parks as well as I do, and I love to have other people to laugh and smile with. However, sometimes it's nice just to stroll around on your own, do what you want to do, people watch, and really not have to care what others think or want to do. So, I guess for me, it is all about my mood on any given day.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've never had the opportunity [yet], but I'd certainly enjoy doing WDW solo. I think the biggest issue would be, as Nicole said, eating at Table Service restaurants. The timings for service at restaurants is usually geared to people who are chatting amongst themselves, solo diners tend to sit and wait between courses... I'd just bring park maps or other guides to the parks and work on my plan for the remainder of the day.

Single rider lines would definitely be put to good use! :sohappy:

tigsmom

I would jump at the chance to go on a solo trip... doing what I want, when I want... yeah....I could see me doing that. :D

tink rules

I've been there on my own lots of times and it's GREAT!!!! Love it!!! Will do it again!!! Even eating in restaurants alone isn't bad because everyone is really friendly.

I've spent up to 2 weeks there alone on one trip and it was wonderful because I got to do what I wanted, I met some great people along the way and spent some time with them, went swimming when I wanted... I keep telling everyone that my favorite place at WDW is the hammock on the beach between the palm trees at the Poly.... One year I spent some time there recovering after a tough time and I got to spend some time in that hammock and nobody complained that we weren't doing such and such or we were late for such and such. I did what I wanted, ate what and where I wanted....

Also... it was great each time... I stayed at the Poly and the Disney Institute (now Saratoga springs...) and the CM's were wonderful. Made me feel at home and I got to know several of them when I stayed for an extended time.

Go... do it... You will love it.

welovewdw

It would be fun to do stuff you've never done, like look for hidden mickeys all day. But on a ride I would feel akward standing there by myself.

DisneyBuff

My last trip was in Nov and I did it alone, 4 days, it was a blast. I meet so many great people, got to just sit and relax, it was a completely different expereince. I really really enjoyed it. I would say go for it.

I really enjoy when I go to WDW with my bf or my friends, but being a CP alumni I found it going to the park alone can be really fun as well. :sohappy: You see things from a different perspective, can do as you alone please (a big plus, no arguing over where to go next and single rider lines are usually shorter), and if you have never "people watched" at WDW, you should try it sometime its great!

lcsrig

I would love to do it by myself. Riding what I want, walking my pace, bathroom when I needed. It would be perfect to eat where I wanted to.
Go for it and enjoy!

supapampam

I have gone many times alone. I enjoy it as much as a I do going with friends and family. With other you need to consider what everyone wants to do (wake-up, eat, parks) alone it's all about me!

WDWPrnces02

I love going by myself......You controll your day.......Even if you feel lonely, just for a second, theirs always a cuddly character to hug......:) :p :lol: :D

napnet

I'm goin solo here in a few weeks when my wife has a bridal shower to go to. This will probably be the last time i get to go till the fl res blackout period is over :(

Austin1

I don't think I would ever want to go solo. I have always been with Family and Friends, I like it that way. I think I would just see all the other familys and couples and feel lonley.

dxwwf3

I really enjoy going with the family, but ever since I was of high school age (seems like forever ago) I would always spend quite a bit of time in the parks alone. I really enjoy both. But I am sort of to the point now where no trip feels complete unless there is plenty of alone time in the parks.

jmvd20

I have never went to WDW by myself but have been to the parks by myself. It was actually a really good time, did everything I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. But I would prefer to spend the time there with another person, so long as they do whatever I want of course :D

tink rules

for those who have never done it...

Try it even for a day!!!

You will love it and perhaps you can go and try a trip alone some time.

Don't feel out of place... even on line you're never alone and besides... it's not bad to have a doom buggy to your self or a boat at POTC....

Just go and have fun!!!

AEfx

It just depends on the type of person you are.

For me, it's heaven. Pure and wonderful. I love traveling to WDW with others for different reasons, but a solo trip is just insanely fun for me because I've got my childhood fantasy at my fingertips and whim.

Then again, if you are someone that can't even go to the movies alone, then you might not enjoy it. I've traveled for business and school alone so often that I literally don't even give a thought to walking into anywhere alone. If I want to be social, chances are I'll find someone to be so with, and if not...I have no problem sitting at a table eating a full-course meal with only my water glass as company, LOL.

What I like most about touring WDW alone is the selfish need to re-ride the same things over and over. Like, sitting on the TTA for 5 or 6 revolutions around the track if I feel like it. Or, deciding on a moments notice to catch transport to another park because I want a change of scenery.

Touring WDW with others certainly is it's own massive enjoyment, and touring solo isn't for everyone. For me, there is so much to see and do at WDW I'll enjoy it either way; each has it's own unique benefits.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom