Would you change the transportation?

AlishaSimonLee

Original Poster
I've seen a lot of complaints on here. Monorails broken down! Ferries don't run in bad weather! Busses are unmagical! Would you change the transportation at Disney? How would you fix the transportation at Disney?

tman2000

I have an idea for transportation: overhaul all of it!!!

The monorail was cool because it is such a unique and magical form of transportation. But it is no longer as high-tech. Moreover, it also isn't really a magically preview of the future. Monorail tecnology is a future that has come and gone. Many communities considered monorails in the 90's and it never panned out. There was even a Simpson's episode making fun of it.

What is magical, then, anymore as far as transportation is concerned? And how could this be used as a way to solve WDW's transportation problems? What are those problems?

-Crowded highways: too much bus traffic all the time
-Smelly diesel busses, too much like any old city street
-Magic Kingdom mess with broken down monorails and ferries that have to wait for the electrical water parade right when everyone is leaving the park
-No future for the monorail system itself.

I propose a system like Boston's with bus-trams that have dedicated lanes. These can hold more people than busses, they don't feel like busses, and they can go faster than busses. But, they can also drive on pavement. Creating a 'dedicated lane' would require only a 'magical' jersey barrier.

In order to solve the MK problem, I have a simple and elegant solution: Put the gate at the TTC. By the the time you get to the other side of seven seas lagoon, you are already in! You could now turn the area before Town Square into a 'plaza' similar in theming to castle plaza. This plaza could include a sort of underground tunnel for the tram-busses which is used only for leaving the MK. So getting out of MK is easy.

The only drawback is having to stop at some hotels other than yours on the way back to yours. The bus-trams can get off their 'dedicated lanes' inside the resorts to reach all the stops. Or maybe each resort can have its own bus for shuttling people to that resort's 'bus-tram' stop. The advantage of bus-trams is the versatility: bus and tram, goes everywher, goes fast.

But back to this idea of moving the MK gate to the TTC. Oh wow, this gives me a great idea for a new thread!

For now, Bus-trams

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom