Would this Dress work for animal kingdom?

beautiful dress, my concern would be the neck in that heat and also shoes, it's a really nice dress, but nice shoes will kill your feet with the heat and all that walking. As for as appropriate it is a lovely dress and nothing inappropriate about it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I wear nike "pro dri" athletic shorts under my dresses and skirts, and use runner's body glide to prevent chaffing - it's a life saver!
Mind reader. I do run and was just going to mention body glide. I use that stuff every day in Disney World. Many moons ago my family met another family from these here boards whilst on vacation. It was before I had heard of Body Glide. Anyway, I was in TREMENDOUS pain and discomfort, but in my mind I thought I had hidden it. I found out later that the person from magic I met asked my wife if "I always walked funny like that".

Last edited:

bethymouse

I wouldn't ride Kali River Rapids in that dress. Personally, I think it's more appropriate for evening wear at a resort or for dinner. It might work for EPCOT though.:)

The Empress Lilly

I wouldn't ride Kali River Rapids in that dress. Personally, I think it's more appropriate for evening wear at a resort or for dinner. It might work for EPCOT though.:)
Oh but you can dress fancily and do Kali. What you do is once on the uphill you pretend you are out of earshot of staff as you quickly undress, putting your fancy clothes in a plastic bag as you ride naked.

#StayingClassyAtDisney #StylishWDW

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's a beautiful dress. But if the second view is the front, security may not let you in as they might deem it too revealing. I agree with other comments - it's too pretty and formal to wear to DAK. Wear as someone mentioned to a nice dinner at Poly or Disney Springs.

Allym146

I think I'd like it better for the park if the bottom were more flowy. It seems to taper in and would constrict air flow haha. As far as too fancy, I don't think so! It's very pretty and I love the front and back cut outs.

NonnaT

I want to wear a dress at animal kingdom, I own this one. However I don't know if it's too formal or too long for the park? I will be going in July, what do you think? It's very light weight, but not sure what be like at the park in July? What do you think?
Gorgeous dress! Not too formal... you can wear anything you want and it's really pretty!
BUT, it does look fairly restrictive for walking and it also looks like it would be quite warm. That would be my barometer, is it comfortable enough to walk around in all day in high heat and humidity?!?

Last edited:

ClassicMickeyFan

I want to wear a dress at animal kingdom, I own this one. However I don't know if it's too formal or too long for the park? I will be going in July, what do you think? It's very light weight, but not sure what be like at the park in July? What do you think?
I agree with a lot of the others, it's a beautiful dress but I would not recommend wearing it to AK in July (or to any of the parks during the day) mainly due to the high heat and humidity during that time of year.

What material is the dress made of? If it's 100 % cotton then I'd be less concerned, but if it's 100 % polyester or even a poly blend, it won't allow your body to cool off properly and you could become overheated in the heat. (I had this happen to me at MK once after standing in the hot sun during a parade. I discovered afterwards that the T-shirt I was wearing at the time was 100% polyester and not cotton like I thought it was.) And with that high neck line on the dress, I could see that becoming uncomfortable in the heat very quickly and possible giving you a rash around the neck from sweating.

Another thought is getting suntan lotion on the dress, I personally don't wear my dressier clothes on a very hot day like that because I don't want to get sweat stains and suntan lotion on my good clothes! But that's just me, I'm funny about stuff like that! :) When I go to the parks in the summer I dress for comfort, not fashion (not that there is anything wrong with that) so I stick to cotton shirts and shorts with lots of pockets so I can carry snacks.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom