Would the virtual queues be better as a lottery?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The 7am VQ has to do with skill, not luck. It centers around the EXACT millisecond atomic clock time (hint). If you know the technique you will do well. If you futz around and lose a few seconds at that EXACT time you will miss out.

Also, I believe the fastest VQ closing time was around 3.6 seconds (yesterday). Usually, it is at least 4+ seconds. The 1pm VQ window is frequently open for over an hour.

I did the following on consecutive days when we were there last fall using technique, not luck.

View attachment 772780

View attachment 772781
We did that once on our last trip. Actually got a BG for Guardians that was earlier than I would have liked. Also, regardless of luck vs skill I have other issues with getting up at 6:55 on vacation. Don’t like the system even when successful.

Tom P.

We are most definitely not a family or morning people. Getting up early enough to be at rope drop on a vacation sounds horrible to me. From what I'm reading here, it sounds as if that will actually work to our advantage with VQ's, since I've seen multiple people say the 1 p.m. ones are much easier to get it. Is that true?

RoadiJeff

We are most definitely not a family or morning people. Getting up early enough to be at rope drop on a vacation sounds horrible to me. From what I'm reading here, it sounds as if that will actually work to our advantage with VQ's, since I've seen multiple people say the 1 p.m. ones are much easier to get it. Is that true?
Absolutely. For example, the VQ for TRON yesterday lasted for 2.2 seconds at 7am. The 1pm lasted for 4 minutes. The previous day 1pm VQ lasted for almost 8 hours.

Rich T

The vqs filling up within the first 2 seconds at 7am is such a clusterf*. It’s completely hit or miss (mostly miss), and it sucks getting up that early to be stressed and disappointed. You could be the fastest finger in the west and it’s still likely you won’t get it.

Why not go to a lottery? Registration is 7am to 7am, the drawing occurs at 7am for the current day, and the email/push notifications are sent immediately. You get up at 7ish, check your email, you got it or didn’t get it.

If the current vq process is supposed to give us a sense of ownership in the process and results, it really doesn’t…it’s just stress and disappointment for most.
The virtual queue system should be done away with entirely. It’s insulting and ridiculous. If people want to wait in a long line for a popular ride, let them wait. And if Disney frets that people in line aren’t in shops spending money, they can jolly well spread the crowds by building more attractions at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom