Would I Be TOO weird??

Disney_Freak:oþ

Ok..do you think I would be weird for planning a disney world trip...for 2004? :hammer: lol....i mean,some stuff might not even be the same by then...what do you think?

SykedOwt

While It's Never Too Early to Be Planning a Trip to the World I don't actully think that you'd need this much time. I put a vacation together w/ reservations and other things in less than 2 months. So It's Unlikely.
However You can always get info on rides and other things to do there.

Why would u Plan a trip so far ahead anyway?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

we start planning our trips 300 days prior...when they start selling plane tickets hehe:) (except this year we flew JetBlue, which takes FOREVER to release your block of tickets...)

Upvote 0

s25843

It is Basically Impossible to Plan for a Diz trip more than a year ahead. You can start saving for it, and have a general idea, but the airlines dont sell tix till 42 weeks from your departure day, and disney dosent book trips until about a year and a half before...

Upvote 0

Tom Morrow

My advice: Too much planning only leads to problems. If you want, set a basic plan, but definately do NOT plan your trip out day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. The best way is to just "play it by ear"

Upvote 0

Maria

Yes you would be weird. Why would u do that if you can´t even get reservations now? As far as I know, noone confirms prices so far ahead... :brick: The only thing you can do now, is start saving!

Upvote 0

snugglebunny

:animwink: Depends if it's your first trip. We planned our trip 1.5 years in advance. We were doing a multi-family trip, so we emailed to family members about when they could go, what they wanted to do, etc. Then we started compiling information (maps, comments, things to do, reservations, etc.) It really helped to have everything set to go when the day came to call for the airline reservations, hotel reservations, dining reservations. It is easier to change plans that have been assembled than start from scratch when you are calling for reservations. Go ahead! Start today!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Were planning for August 2003, guest services WILL take a booking but cannot guarantee prices or reductions I had an email from them last week. UK Travel companys will be releasing next summers brochures in May. if President Blair and his gang gets there way itll soon be illegal to take youre kids on holiday during school time so it will become vital to plan big holidays well in advance.
Based on this year Ill have to have my flight booked by Nov and the resort by Jan to guarantee getting exactly what I want and at a decent price.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by happy snapper
if President Blair and his gang gets there way itll soon be illegal to take youre kids on holiday during school time so it will become vital to plan big holidays well in advance.

:fork: :veryconfu

Are You Serious???????

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes unfortunately they are talking about it , because its now being classed as epademic levels. You must remember this is the Nanny state!!!!
The Thing is we struggle to have time off as a family as the kids are off for 7 weeks and we can get a max of 3 weeks each. Frank Evans for grannies!

This is a straight cut n paste from Disneys Guest services to me.

It is possible to book a 'room only' reservation for 2003 and beyond; however,
please understand that all rates for any WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT are only
guaranteed through December 31, 2002.
As I said best wait till autumn.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

I dont think that is weird. Obviously you aren't able to book your vacation. But you can get an idea of what you want to do and research it! And hey, isn't it about that time to make those hoop-de-doo dinner review reservations (two-years in advance) :lol:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

If President Blair and his gang gets there way itll soon be illegal to take youre kids on holiday during school time so it will become vital to plan big holidays well in advance.
Balderdash, they may talk about it but they will never do it.

Upvote 0

Claire L

I started booking our honeymoon trip to WDW 14 months in advance the most our tour operator Virgin would go with regards to confirmed bookings.
With regards to 'President' Blair, do his children not miss school to go on holiday? But then I guess when Daddy earns so much it doesn't matter if you travel at peak season, after all it's only taxpayers money:mad:
Claire L

Upvote 0

DBorges

NO your not

I think what the person said would be

""Ok..do you think I would be weird for planning a disney world trip...for 2004?""

No if you need to plan that far ahead start doing it.

Bur the reservation came not be made that far out nor can the airfare or car rental.

So what you can plan is where you are going to stay when your going to stay.

And yes you can start a savings account for the fun money as we call it .

I do not think it is weird I think it is just alittle premature..

Upvote 0

tenchu

Were planning for August 2003, guest services WILL take a booking but cannot guarantee prices or reductions I had an email from them last week. UK Travel companys will be releasing next summers brochures in May. if President Blair and his gang gets there way itll soon be illegal to take youre kids on holiday during school time so it will become vital to plan big holidays well in advance.
Based on this year Ill have to have my flight booked by Nov and the resort by Jan to guarantee getting exactly what I want and at a decent price.

Ha ha, is old tone working on that one now?

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by Ratcat
Balderdash, they may talk about it but they will never do it.

It is actually already agaisnt the law in this country (UK) children are only allowed 10 days authorised absence from school in any given school year. The school may press charges against the parents if they wish.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Beauty and the

It is actually already agaisnt the law in this country (UK) children are only allowed 10 days authorised absence from school in any given school year. The school may press charges against the parents if they wish.

Does this include medical absences? Technically, we're not supposed to take our children out of school for "vacations" (my children are in private schools, so the rules are somewhat different) but it's done all the time. The request just has to be cleared before hand, and under certain circumstances, the student has to attend Saturday School to make up the days. (the private schools still have to abide by state regulations concerning number of days in the school year)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom