Would/Have you moved to FL (in part) for WDW?

PlaneCrazy1978

Sometimes I go back and forth in my thoughts on moving to Florida to be closer to WDW. If I did ever move down there, I could honestly see being closer to WDW as being one of the main reasons and I'd most likely be there fairly often. On the other hand, the excitement and anticipation I always feel for an upcoming WDW trip is a "high" that can't easily be duplicated, and I'd probably lose that if I was in a position of "well I can just go over anytime I want".

Have any of you who have moved to or within Florida done so with WDW being a good part of the reason?

My wife and I did this. Not completely, but it was a major reason. My in laws were moving to Tallahassee, so we moved with them. it's 3.5 hours away, but now we can go whenever we want without flying. We usually go 2 - 3 times a year, and always once for at least a week. That's the thing - we are still far enough away so that we don't overdo it, and we still have that "high" you talk about. In fact, we've created all new traditions in our drive down that are even more memorable than when we used to fly. I can say I still get so excited and high when we make that trip, every. single. time.

Honestly, it was the best move we ever made. Now we live in the sun near a place we both love and can visit whenever we want to.

POLY LOVER

This. There are actually a lot of professional positions at Disney. My husband has one of them. He didn't even have to take a pay cut to accept it. He tells me all the time his worst day working at Disney is by far better than any day working anywhere else. He loves his job, and supports our family quite well.

good for you and the hubby, love your job and never have to work a day in your life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom