Would appreciate help planning Halloween 2020

LisaMc

Hi everyone, am new to the Forum, but I hope you can help me.
Was last in WDW in Sept 1999 !! I'm sure things have changed a lot since then. We are trying to plan a family holiday, 2 adults and 2 kids 9 & 8 for end October 2020 for 2 weeks.

In my head I was planning to do first week in Disney in the lead up to Halloween Sun 25 - Thurs 29 Oct, then move over to Avanti iDrive for 9 nights and do Universal and maybe another Disney water park if the weather was on our side. The main reason for visiting Disney first is our 14 day park tickets are activated when we check in, so if we wait till second week we'd only get 5 days use of the tickets. I don't want to be in Disney at the weekends as its busier and Epcot Food Festival is on too???

I've had a look at crowd calendars and it looks like it would make more sense to do Universal in the week leading up to Halloween and then do Disney the week after Halloween. Are the crowd calendars accurate ? I've been doing a lot of reading up but finding it hard to get answers to my queries.

I would rather have less busy parks and wait times in each park, so we can make the most of our days in the parks. This holiday is not cheap so we'd like to get best value for each day.

Will Disney be manic the week leading up to Halloween or is it busy all year around now ? Has anyone been the week before and after Halloween and noticed much of a difference ?
We've picked Pop Century resort for the 5 nights, with the tickets and dining plan, unless a better offer happens for the moderate hotels and then it would be POFQ.

Thanks in advance
Lisa

nickys

Premium Member
Do you want to do the Halloween party? Those will finish either on Halloween, or possibly the 1st (I think that happened one year recently). Universal also do their own version, which is aimed at teens and over.

That would be my starting point.

Now you mention 14 day tickets, so I’m assuming you’re from the U.K., Ireland or Europe. Are you going to book a package with tickets, or a room only reservation with stand alone tickets?

If you book a package, the WDW tickets will start on your check-in date, and you cannot activate them earlier.

If you book the tickets separately, you can choose your start date, so you could start at Universal but still use them at WDW before you move to a Disney resort.

The Halloween party requires a separate ticket.

Upvote 0

LisaMc

Original Poster
Do you want to do the Halloween party? Those will finish either on Halloween, or possibly the 1st (I think that happened one year recently). Universal also do their own version, which is aimed at teens and over.

That would be my starting point.

Now you mention 14 day tickets, so I’m assuming you’re from the U.K., Ireland or Europe. Are you going to book a package with tickets, or a room only reservation with stand alone tickets?

If you book a package, the WDW tickets will start on your check-in date, and you cannot activate them earlier.

If you book the tickets separately, you can choose your start date, so you could start at Universal but still use them at WDW before you move to a Disney resort.

The Halloween party requires a separate ticket.

No not pushed about Halloween parties, and not paying extra for them. The reason we are going at this time is the kids are off school for a week and we'll take another week with it.
Yes its a package offer on Disney.ie site with free memory maker,10% off hotel rate, $200 gift card etc
If we don't book the package we don't get the extra's or the dining offer

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom