Would any resorts fill up in early March?

lsujoe

Original Poster
Pardon my ignorance, but do any of the resorts fill up? We would be going in early March 2019. Are there any that you would need to book by a certain date or risk not being able to get a room there? If so, which ones get the full the quickest? Approx how far in advance would that be? We haven't started researching and just wondering if, depending on where we end up wanting to stay, we need to book by a certain time. For example, might POFQ be full for March by the end of the year.

dreamfinder

Yes, sometimes resorts will fill up. However, it's unlikely that they would fill up then. I can't think of anything that would bring a huge crowd to the parks at that time. Usually things like Christmas, NYE, etc would come close to filling up. If you are worried and must have a certain resort/room type, then go ahead and book as soon as you can afford it. But you should be ok until a few months out.

jgj123

In 2019 Mardi Gras falls on March 5. Typically people from SE LA and the Gulf Coast flock to Disney that week - schools in those areas are typically off that week. Also, various school and and dance teams take the opportunity to schedule a trip to march down Main Street as part of the Disney Performing Arts program and their families tag along. We're already planning our trip for next Mardi Gras. Because Mardi Gras changes dates each year it's hard to gauge crowds, but I don't think any of the resorts will be completely booked, but room choices may become more limited. Parks are likely to be busy and you will meet many nice people from Southeast Louisiana and the Mississippi and Alabama Gulf Coast.

We booked this Mardi Gras about 8 to 9 months out (Mardi Gras is Feb. 13 this year).

nickys

Premium Member
I know last year, people were complaining back in September they couldn't get rooms at the values and mods for Jan/Feb. So my advice is book as soon as you can. You can always change the reservation if you need to.

DisAl

Two words - spring break.
The spring break "season" is both crowded and more expensive. Look at the daily room rates and you will see that much of March is quite a bit higher than a little later.

correcaminos

Depends on how early in March you are thinking. Spring breaks for some start in early March. Ours is early-mid March. So they can fill up. Fortunately the earlier in March the better usually though with Ash Weds being so late (some areas get off that week for Mardi Gras) it might make it worse than usual.

jimbojones

Two words - spring break.
The spring break "season" is both crowded and more expensive. Look at the daily room rates and you will see that much of March is quite a bit higher than a little later.
This exactly , it is Spring break for many US colleges the first or second week of March and in some parts of the country there is a vacation week for k-12 students. This can be a very busy time of year. Take a look at Dad's Guide to WDW, he has free and generally accurate crowd calendars.

bunnyman

A lot of Northeast colleges have off in 2018 the week of March 11th, so figure a similar time next year as well. As a matter of practice, the NY State university system tends to schedule the spring break to overlap St. Patrick's Day (3/17).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom